• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Maniac at Chancery Lane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd

I just read in The Sun at the chinese takeaway over the road that police have had to subdue a "hammer-wielding maniac" with CS gas on a Central Line train at Chancery Lane. I'm not sure what exactly was going on, there was only a paragraph and a photo in the Sun, but there's nothing on BBC News or TfL, so perhaps this is being hushed up? I don't know really - anybody have any more info?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jd

Ah. Merci.

Doesn't seem to have been reported on BBC or TfL though. Quite odd, esp during 'current climate', etc, etc, fancy jargon term, etc.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Probably because it's just one yob (probably on drugs) and yobbish behaviour is not that uncommon (although this is a particularly bad example), and also it involved a tube train.

You can be sure that much more serious incidents have happened on the roads today, with deaths every day, but it goes unreported.

This then causes the bizarre situation where some people refuse (or are not allowed) to go on the tube because it's "unsafe" purely because they read about every tube danger ever but never read about road incidents.

I really don't think it's ever worth linking to a Sun report. If it really is newsworthy it'll be on another site (and not as sensationalised).

jd

Thats my opinion, hence why I pointed out that it was only The Sun who had reported it. Last time I read the Sun it had loads of crap on Sven's latest antics and other rubbish like that, but out of the three main news stories going on at that time, it had just an inch or so on one of them. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.