• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mannheim Germany/Middle of 30 day Global Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringo2112

Hi, I'm almost in the middle of my 30 day Eurail Global trip. Spent 6 days in Italy, 5 days in Olten Switzerland, now 5 so far in Mannheim...I've rode 29 trains so far, lots of day trips, still have 18 days left. I will have write up when I go back home Sept 8th. My question is. I see a lot of freight trains in Mannheim. Where do they originate and terminate each way? thanks guys

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LSWR Cavalier

Established Member
The freight trains may be from Rotterdam to Basel or Maschen/Hamburg to Verona etc, many go through the tunnels in the Alps. Or tankers to/from the chemical works at Ludwigshafen, or...

Have a look at Modelleisenbahner magazine, you can buy it at the station newsagent for €5.50. The September issue has an article about overweight transports of transformers, organised by Kuebler of.. Mannheim! Lots of pictures, worth buying even if you can not read German.

Ringo2112

My trip is complete...75 trains on a 30 day Eurail Global first class pass. Thanks for all your help on this site. The paper pass worked out well. Details to follow

Status
Not open for further replies.