• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Many years ago on the Nene Valley Railway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evening All,

I'm passing my lockdown time by digitalising some of my old VHS tapes and am currently working on the footage taken during my time as a PW volunteer on the Nene Valley. The first clip showing the N7 Class 0-6-2T at Orton Mere is now on YouTube, so if anyone would like to see it, this is the link:

Hope it's of interest.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Definitely - thank you for posting.

Glad you like it. I was a volunteer there for some years, so I've got hours of VHS tape. It will take me a while to work through it all, but further short videos will find their way onto YouTube as time permits. Watch this space...

Afternoon All,

I recently added another vintage video taken on the NVR in my volunteering days to YouTube. Here's the link if anyone would like to have a look:

Hope it's of interest.

TTFN,

Spamcan81

Afternoon All,

I recently added another vintage video taken on the NVR in my volunteering days to YouTube. Here's the link if anyone would like to have a look:

Hope it's of interest.

TTFN,

Looks like the late Dave Baker on the footplate of Thomas there. I seem to recall our paths crossing on Dave Rodger's 2002 SA trip but I don't recall our paths crossing at the NVR although they must have done at some stage. I'm involved with 34081. Which department did you volunteer in?

Looks like the late Dave Baker on the footplate of Thomas there. I seem to recall our paths crossing on Dave Rodger's 2002 SA trip but I don't recall our paths crossing at the NVR although they must have done at some stage. I'm involved with 34081. Which department did you volunteer in?

I was a signalman for a bit, but later on I switched to the Civils as I preferred to to PW work. This meant that I was able to take photos and videos from lineside locations in between humping sleepers and rails about. Wish I could still do it now!

I did get to know some of the 92 Squadron folks, and even have a tiny weeny miniscule number of shares in it!

Spamcan81

I was a signalman for a bit, but later on I switched to the Civils as I preferred to to PW work. This meant that I was able to take photos and videos from lineside locations in between humping sleepers and rails about. Wish I could still do it now!

I did get to know some of the 92 Squadron folks, and even have a tiny weeny miniscule number of shares in it!

You probably remember Scotty, driver extraordinaire. Trying to recall the signalmen from back then. Sadly your shares are now just a posh receipt for a donation as once we became a charitable trust, such shares became worthless. :)

You probably remember Scotty, driver extraordinaire. Trying to recall the signalmen from back then. Sadly your shares are now just a posh receipt for a donation as once we became a charitable trust, such shares became worthless. :)

I certainly do remember Scotty - and all his tales in the mess! Signalmen from that period were, amongst others, Don Crick and Dave Martin. I can't recall any other names; was Roy Harrison a signalman? The gaffer was David Jackson.

Roger Manns was the Civils Engineer when I switched to PW. I met a couple of NVR volunteers at Alresford recently when 92 Squadron was visiting the Mid-Hants. They told me that he still is.

Spamcan81

I certainly do remember Scotty - and all his tales in the mess! Signalmen from that period were, amongst others, Don Crick and Dave Martin. I can't recall any other names; was Roy Harrison a signalman? The gaffer was David Jackson.

Roger Manns was the Civils Engineer when I switched to PW. I met a couple of NVR volunteers at Alresford recently when 92 Squadron was visiting the Mid-Hants. They told me that he still is.

Roy Harrison was a keen film maker and videographer and seemed to be always filing something. Trying to recall in which capacity he volunteered. Jacko still volunteers there but no longer as GM. Scotty was a laugh and a half but nobody was laughing when he set of for Yarwell without the token. Oops!

Morning All,

The next installment of my 1993 video is now on YouTube. As well as the Kriegslok, it also features Wansford signal box and 70000 BRITANNIA, so I hope it's of interest:

TTFN,

Aictos

Established Member

Aictos

Established Member
I really can't remember after all this time. It might have been a gala weekend as the goods wagons aren't normally used.
That's what I thought but even for the Galas I never saw any goods wagons being used.

Evening All,

I've just added another part of my 1990s NVR video to my YouTube channel; this part includes a visit by 60103 FLYING SCOTSMAN in April, 1994. Hope it's of interest:

TTFN,

Ron.

Status
Not open for further replies.