Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprog

Established Member
Joined
6 Sep 2005
Messages
1,315
Location
SPM
Open it with MS Pain and use the 'pen' and 'fill' tools on there. Plain and simple! ;)
 

Coxster

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
9,244
The easiest way is to pick up one of the disabled maps from your local station and use a highlighter. It is the same map as above but the reverse has enlarged views of London, Birmingham, Glasgow/Edinburgh, Cardiff, Bristol etc. It's also much larger so you can read the station names etc ;)
 

Aureol

Established Member
Joined
29 Sep 2005
Messages
2,915
Location
With a spanner in hand in D212's engine room
Coxster said:
The easiest way is to pick up one of the disabled maps from your local station and use a highlighter. It is the same map as above but the reverse has enlarged views of London, Birmingham, Glasgow/Edinburgh, Cardiff, Bristol etc. It's also much larger so you can read the station names etc ;)
I've tried plenty of places for one of them things:
Cardiff Central
Birmingham New Street
Chesterfield
Nottingham
Alfreton
And none of them have one. :roll:
 

Guinness

Established Member
Joined
13 Jun 2005
Messages
3,737
Aureol said:
Coxster said:
The easiest way is to pick up one of the disabled maps from your local station and use a highlighter. It is the same map as above but the reverse has enlarged views of London, Birmingham, Glasgow/Edinburgh, Cardiff, Bristol etc. It's also much larger so you can read the station names etc ;)
I've tried plenty of places for one of them things:
Cardiff Central
Birmingham New Street
Chesterfield
Nottingham
Alfreton
And none of them have one. :roll:

Derby have plenty last time I went
 

taw valley

Member
Joined
4 Jan 2006
Messages
184
Location
south west london
sorry to bring this up but tis the perfect tread to my question

does anyone have a map that i can send to a freind witch when you zoom in is VERY BIG and can read all the stations that ahve been writtern in
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
50,878
Location
Yorkshire
taw valley said:
lol i just go trought my folders till i find it then
right click-edit-and it opens in paint and use use a steady hand to draw where ive been (will try and upload it soon)
:eek: :eek: That would be such a waste of time!

Use flood fill, it will save you hours!

taw valley said:
sorry to bring this up but tis the perfect tread to my question

does anyone have a map that i can send to a freind witch when you zoom in is VERY BIG and can read all the stations that ahve been writtern in
No because if it was a bitmap it would be huge. You'd need to edit the original PDF from the NR site (get a PDF writer). I'm not sure how you'd highlight the lines though.

Alternatively Seth has one that shows some major stations.
 

Coxster

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
9,244
taw valley said:
sorry to bring this up but tis the perfect tread to my question

does anyone have a map that i can send to a freind witch when you zoom in is VERY BIG and can read all the stations that ahve been writtern in
Don't think so. The onl;y maps you can get with all stations is the free disabled ones. In some busy places you look at the back for a closer look at all stations.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top