• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

March 2020's budget discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Good to see the A303 Stonehenge tunnel being given funding, hopefully after years of countlesss tailbacks caused by the pinchpoint there might be some sort of light.

(although purely selfish as the back-roads towards Amesbury are not the best)

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Good to see the A303 Stonehenge tunnel being given funding, hopefully after years of countlesss tailbacks caused by the pinchpoint there might be some sort of light.

(although purely selfish as the back-roads towards Amesbury are not the best)
Almost read that as Countess tailbacks! I haven’t been along there for years, but remember them well...

SteveP29

So what's the difference in the 'biggest giveaway in over 30 years' that's been made out to be so good for the country as opposed to the almost identical economic policies in the Labour manifesto that was going to cost jobs and bankrupt the country?

cactustwirly

Established Member
So what's the difference in the 'biggest giveaway in over 30 years' that's been made out to be so good for the country as opposed to the almost identical economic policies in the Labour manifesto that was going to cost jobs and bankrupt the country?

I don't know specifics, but this measure is going to put us into a signature amount of debt. The situation is different to the election, we now have a huge amount of businesses who are effectively dormant, and obviously can't pay their staff.
It is a huge step, but is necessary now because of the circumstances we now face.

SteveP29

I don't know specifics, but this measure is going to put us into a signature amount of debt. The situation is different to the election, we now have a huge amount of businesses who are effectively dormant, and obviously can't pay their staff.
It is a huge step, but is necessary now because of the circumstances we now face.

Those circumstances weren't evident at the time of the budget.
I doubt any consideration was given to it when the budget was delivered

Status
Not open for further replies.