• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mark 4 PIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
https://www.networkrail.co.uk/stations/kings-cross/
hmm...curiouser and curiouser.

I know from my days of website building that some back ends don't like certain characters and produce an output like this �, but I've never seen it with an apostrophe.

Wikipedia calls the area Kings Cross but the station King's Cross...eugh

I'm a bit confused - shouldn't it be London King's Cross with a apostrophe?

_toommm_

Established Member
Some of the Mark 4's have seat reservation screens now. They're the kind of low refresh rate screens found on the original Kindles (the black and white ones). At the moment I've just seen it on the coaches currently trailing 91101 - they're not in service at the moment with one screen saying 'Virgin Trains' and the other saying 'coming soon'

Attachments

• 20180401_140542.jpg
    20180401_140542.jpg
    707.9 KB · Views: 157

Parallel

Established Member
Liverpool Lime Street, Didcot Parkway and West Hampstead Thameslink have one or two white LED displays with higher pixel density than the standard displays and also smooth scrolling and animations.
Oldfield Park now has two electronic display screens with white LEDs!

skyhigh

Established Member
Some of the Mark 4's have seat reservation screens now. They're the kind of low refresh rate screens found on the original Kindles (the black and white ones). At the moment I've just seen it on the coaches currently trailing 91101 - they're not in service at the moment with one screen saying 'Virgin Trains' and the other saying 'coming soon'
That is interesting - thought I saw something like this on a VTEC HST earlier but had no idea what is was or if I was seeing things (quite possible!)

JaJaWa

Established Member
Presumably they plan to retain these carriages and don't want to continue to print paper reservations after the Azumas are introduced as those won't require them.

Leyland155

That is interesting - thought I saw something like this on a VTEC HST earlier but had no idea what is was or if I was seeing things (quite possible!)

You're definitely not seeing things! I made a rare (for me!) trip in VTEC first class on an HST today and noticed these screens. The carriage was the buffet car.

Also of note is the non-standard seating in this carriage, is this the case in all VTEC buffet cars? The other FC carriages appeared to have the normal seating.

Attachments

• VTEC Reservation Screens 2.JPG
    VTEC Reservation Screens 2.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 153
  • VTEC Reservation Screens 1.JPG
    VTEC Reservation Screens 1.JPG
    902.1 KB · Views: 150

DanNCL

Established Member
Looks like these are being rolled out across more sets now - the coaches with both 91117 and 91131 have got the PIS screens today, though the screens weren't switched on.

Status
Not open for further replies.