• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mark forum read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Been there done that! :lol:

If it’s any consolation, the forums do get filled with posts fairly quickly and within a day or two it won’t look any different..

A Challenge

Established Member
I've done it as well - before the changes it required confirmation, which it no longer does.

RichT54

In the previous version you got the choice to either mark all forums read or just mark the forum you were currently in as read. In the new version there is just the option to mark all forums. I miss the option to be able to mark the current forum as read, which I found to be more useful.

Edit: I've just noticed there is a separate button, next to the Watch button, which does mark the current forum as read - excellent!

Last edited:

edwin_m

Veteran Member
I've hit this button accidentally several times but got a confirmation window each time. For me the problem is that it's where the "New Posts" button used to be so I head for that part of the screen without thinking about it.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Edit: I've just noticed there is a separate button, next to the Watch button, which does mark the current forum as read - excellent!

You can also double click the semaphore signal of the relevant sub-forum ;)

A Challenge

Established Member
You can also double click the semaphore signal of the relevant sub-forum ;)
I might have been talking slightly cross-purposes here - this is what I was talking about, whereas everybody else has meant the buttons at the top of the forum!

RichT54

The function I miss the most is the ability to 'fold' up the sections in the top level page. There used to be up/down arrow buttons at the right hand ends of the section title bars, which would fold/unfold the sections. This was useful to hide the sections that I wasn't currently interested in and saved a lot of scrolling up and down on the top level page. I've not found a way to do this with the new forum software.

RichT54

The function I miss the most is the ability to 'fold' up the sections in the top level page. There used to be up/down arrow buttons at the right hand ends of the section title bars, which would fold/unfold the sections. This was useful to hide the sections that I wasn't currently interested in and saved a lot of scrolling up and down on the top level page. I've not found a way to do this with the new forum software.

I've just noticed that buttons have been added to the right hand ends of the section title bars on the top level page. I can now fold/unfold the sections again!

Thank you for restoring this facility! :E

Status
Not open for further replies.