• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Market Harborough to Fareham route change 15/4/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

t o m

Hello

On the 15th I will be travelling from Market Harborough to Fareham. For this I usually go EMT from Market Harborough to St Pancras then get the tube to Waterloo and then SWT direct to Fareham. However on checking the train times on various sites online the suggested routes are:

Market Harborough - Leicester - Birmingham New Street - Southampton Central - Fareham

Market Harborough - St Pancras - London Victoria - Fratton - Fareham

Does anybody know why it's giving these routes? Both of which are quite longer.

As far as I can tell there is no planned engineering work that will affect this journey. I've also checked the timetable for each leg of the journey seperatley e.g. Market Harborough to St Pancras and then Waterloo to Fareham and these are both showing as normal.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lemonic

The East Coast website is suggesting direct trains from London to Fareham as the quickest option as part of a journey from Market Harborough to Fareham via London (There are also connections offered changing at Havant). Are you sure you haven't added a via or calling at station to your search? (It could potentially have been a previous search that hasn't cleared) What website are you searching on?

t o m

I've checked on EMT, SWT websites and the trainline app on my phone, all are saying the same thing.

Established Member
There may be engineering work on either some of those lines or LU that weekend, which is why the booking engines are reccommending a different route.

lemonic

I can't replicate the results you are getting, even on the East Midlands Trains website, but I have noticed that trains appear to be diverted via Richmond, Feltham and Staines between Clapham Junction and Woking, taking 45+ minutes between those two stations.

t o m

I've checked TFL and there are no planned works on the Northern or Picaddilly that will affect my journey.

Are you putting in the 15th April for the travel date aleksander? I've checked and checked again and I'm still getting the same results.

lemonic

I've checked TFL and there are no planned works on the Northern or Picaddilly that will affect my journey.

Are you putting in the 15th April for the travel date aleksander? I've checked and checked again and I'm still getting the same results.

I am putting in 15 April but there do appear to be engineering works causing an extended journey time just no bus replacement, between Clapham Junction and Woking.

EDIT: Actually I am now getting the same results as you, strange! The journey time is longer than the results I had previously found.

Squaddie

Searching on National Rail for the 15th only returns the most direct route - Market Harborough to St. Pancras, across London to Waterloo and then to Fareham - other than for the 16:04 departure, which is routed via Birmingham.

t o m

Maybe that is what is affecting the timetable. Like I said if I get times for each leg seperately they are about what I'd expect so I'll just take my usual route and hope for the best. It does say that there is a reduced service on Sunday morning and early afternoon from Waterloo but I'll be travelling in the evening. Thanks for your help.

wibble

Maybe that is what is affecting the timetable.

Unfortunately, some journey planners don't like it when SWT divert their trains via Staines! There are direct trains running from Waterloo at 35min past the hour so you'll be OK.

t o m

Unfortunately, some journey planners don't like it when SWT divert their trains via Staines! There are direct trains running from Waterloo at 35min past the hour so you'll be OK.

I see, thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.