• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Marrakech - Tangiers - Gibraltar

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennorthyork

Has anybody done this journey on the sleeper from Marrakech to Tangiers? What can I expect? Is it ok travelling with children? Any advice appreciated :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

brianthegiant

didnt do the train bit, but the ferry from algeciras - tangier was very choppy, was glad to have had travel sickness tablets. I get the impression this is not uncommon for straits of Gibralter.

we got there via Portsmouth-Bilbao ferry, then couldn't get bikes on train so took bus via Madrid to Algeciras.

didnt see any whales or dolphins in the bay of biscay despite the hype.

Tangier is not appealing at all. They have a shiny new station for the trains to Marrakesh, its a mile or so from the port from memory. The station at the port still shows on some maps but is long gone. there is another station several miles away from the main station where freight is handled (incl bicycles).

Seems to me that the French spoken on the streets in North Africa is a bit different to that in France.

Status
Not open for further replies.