• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Matching" Online Assesment

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancededcena

Hello everyone,

I just recently applied for a position of a automated gateline operator with Greater Anglia. I've done the SJT but then there was another assesment called Matching (basically random letters and numbers you have to match within 7 to 5 seconds). Unfortunately I heard back and told I was not sucessful due to the online assesment.

Speaking with other staff who have done assesments and are gateline operators\people in the position checking tickets who work at other TOCs, they told me they have not heard of that test or haven't done it before, so I'm just wondering if this is only specific to Abellio\GA or other TOCs.

Thank you for the help in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MiNi

Hello everyone,

I just recently applied for a position of a automated gateline operator with Greater Anglia. I've done the SJT but then there was another assesment called Matching (basically random letters and numbers you have to match within 7 to 5 seconds). Unfortunately I heard back and told I was not sucessful due to the online assesment.

Speaking with other staff who have done assesments and are gateline operators\people in the position checking tickets who work at other TOCs, they told me they have not heard of that test or haven't done it before, so I'm just wondering if this is only specific to Abellio\GA or other TOCs.

I've never heard of that test either. I was under the impression that Gateline assistant was ticket issuing and checking test mainly.

lancededcena

I've never heard of that test either. I was under the impression that Gateline assistant was ticket issuing and checking test mainly.
Yeah that is whats advertised, its a bit strange that GA\Abellio does an additional test even though the people I spoke to never had to do that test (that test was very challenging to me). Would be interesting to see if another GA\Abellio employee has had to do that test or if its a recent thing they introduced for some reason.

ian94

Hello everyone,

I had to do this one when applying to be a guard and found it incredibly tricky, nothing like the assessments I had to do with SWR!

Status
Not open for further replies.