• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Maximum BMI and blood pressure for safety critical role as station staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobilephone

If it helps, this is for a role with the DLR.

Was just wondering what the general figures for this are.

I have quite a high BMI of 36. Although, i have lost weight recently, i have gained muscle, so my weight is effectively the same, just less fat. Because of this, I Am concerned that this may be an issue for the medical. It's not like I'm affected in terms of movement or anything like that.

Also, apparently my blood pressure is a little higher than it should be, like 5-10 above the general readings. Whenever I've done it at home it has been fine. It shoots up when I'm getting it measured!

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MR_P

I think BMI is generally now know as a rough guide so as long as you are reasonably fit you should pass the medical.
For the blood pressure just make sure you dont smoke or drink a good while before the test.

If you have a decent amount of time before the medical try to lose more weight if you can, this should bring down your blood pressure more.

Good luck !

reapz

If it helps, this is for a role with the DLR.

Was just wondering what the general figures for this are.

I have quite a high BMI of 36. Although, i have lost weight recently, i have gained muscle, so my weight is effectively the same, just less fat. Because of this, I Am concerned that this may be an issue for the medical. It's not like I'm affected in terms of movement or anything like that.

Also, apparently my blood pressure is a little higher than it should be, like 5-10 above the general readings. Whenever I've done it at home it has been fine. It shoots up when I'm getting it measured!

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

When taking your own blood pressure always make sure you have the arm level with your heart, also to lower blood pressure garlic tablets work(long term , not overnight cure) and some doctors prescribe small mg's of asprin to lower it aswell which will work very quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.