• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

May 2019 timetable changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Weekender

Of more interest is the 0613 Bristol to Stansted direct!!!!!
This has run as the 07:04 Gloucester to Stansted for a few years now. I assume starting it from Bristol TM means it will now miss out Gloucester as CrossCountry will only run one train per day between Bristol and Gloucester.

mm333

This has run as the 07:04 Gloucester to Stansted for a few years now. I assume starting it from Bristol TM means it will now miss out Gloucester as CrossCountry will only run one train per day between Bristol and Gloucester.

It's currently in RTT as calling at Gloucester http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/P38203/2019/05/20/advanced

There's also the 2000 Temple Meads to New Street down as calling at Gloucester http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/P38350/2019/05/20/advanced

dk1

Veteran Member
I would be amazed if it didn't go via Gloucester.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
As when it was first discussed in this thread back in January. There was also a discussion somewhere after someone suggested it being not much use for Bristol to Birmingham passengers because XC overtook it, but I don’t think that’s the point. It’s about warming up an ECS which will run from Bristol to allow earlier calls at minor stations before the normal GWR service starts up.

Noddy

As when it was first discussed in this thread back in January. There was also a discussion somewhere after someone suggested it being not much use for Bristol to Birmingham passengers because XC overtook it, but I don’t think that’s the point. It’s about warming up an ECS which will run from Bristol to allow earlier calls at minor stations before the normal GWR service starts up.

Not sure it stops at any minor stations! Certainly (sadly) it doesn’t stop at Yate or Cam & Dursley so still no sensible train to commute to Gloucester or Cheltenham from these towns (M5 it is).

g22

Anybody know why the new Nuneaton to Crewe direct service seems to have disappeared from journey planners. I was looking at May 22nd?

Weekender

Not sure it stops at any minor stations! Certainly (sadly) it doesn’t stop at Yate or Cam & Dursley so still no sensible train to commute to Gloucester or Cheltenham from these towns (M5 it is).
GWR’s excuse for the poor service between Bristol and Gloucester was always lack of rolling stock. I notice there is now talk of extending the “Metro West” phase 2 to Gloucester but I think that’s about 10 years away.

trainmania100

Established Member
There's also a few new WTT freight paths from Acton Terminal Complex to Newhaven marine agg terminal dbc

janb

Anybody know why the new Nuneaton to Crewe direct service seems to have disappeared from journey planners. I was looking at May 22nd?

There were some data issues overnight that meant some of the new timetable for the likes of TPE, VT, LNWR disappeared. It is being investigated and rectified.

g22

There were some data issues overnight that meant some of the new timetable for the likes of TPE, VT, LNWR disappeared. It is being investigated and rectified.
Thanks for the information.

Noddy

GWR’s excuse for the poor service between Bristol and Gloucester was always lack of rolling stock. I notice there is now talk of extending the “Metro West” phase 2 to Gloucester but I think that’s about 10 years away.

That still really won’t help getting to Cheltenham (or Aschurch/Tewkesbury/Worcester) though.

Currently the first train train to Cheltenham from Yate and C&D gets in at 9.46 which is ridiculous. You can get in for 8.58 if you change at Glos but that turns a 30 min journey (from C&D) into a 45 min one.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
An opportunity missed there. I thought there were other calls showing when we discussed this back in January, can’t find the thread yet though. At least it gives an earlier train into Gloucester.

An opportunity missed there. I thought there were other calls showing when we discussed this back in January, can’t find the thread yet though. At least it gives an earlier train into Gloucester.

GWRs timetable for January 2019 that has been deferred included an earlier 1st Northbound local service, as others have mentioned 1st Northbound at Cam & Dursley is 0813 ! Would hope for a 0613 and 0713 (approx) when the recast happens, but GWR only announced 1 earlier service. We shall see

Bikeman78

Established Member
Ugh TPE have amended all their Bolton services to pass through.
I note they stop at Oxford Road from May and arrive at Preston one minute later than now. So no clear advantage running via Bolton rather than Chat Moss. Are these timings based on 75 or 100 mph running?

Deepgreen

Established Member
From the BBC News web site just now:

"Following last summer's chaos on the railways, the Office of Rail and Road (ORR) blamed a lack of "responsibility and accountability" and said passengers were "badly treated".

This year, train companies say they will work together with Network Rail "to closely monitor the introduction of the new timetable and respond rapidly to any disruption"."

My bold - are we to take from this that the concept of TOCs actually working with NR is a new one to be tried out this year?! What a damning statement.

Philip

On Moderation
Will the Northern Manchester to Cumbria continue totrun via Bolton beyond May until the TPE starts serving Bolton again?

iainbhx

So we've gone from having 06:39, 06:59, 07:13, 07:36 from Spring Road to Moor Street to 06:36, 06:46, 07:13, 07:36. I'm sure there's a good reason but I'm not sure what the hell it is.

Established Member
So we've gone from having 06:39, 06:59, 07:13, 07:36 from Spring Road to Moor Street to 06:36, 06:46, 07:13, 07:36. I'm sure there's a good reason but I'm not sure what the hell it is.
Looks like the 0659 is moved forwards to enable it to extend to Kidderminster from Stourbridge Junction and slot back into the same service as before back towards Birmingham.

Mathew S

Established Member
Will the Northern Manchester to Cumbria continue totrun via Bolton beyond May until the TPE starts serving Bolton again?
If the Northern Cumbria services switch away from Bolton, the Blackpool-Airport EMU should in turn switch to run via Bolton. So, capacity through Bolton should be maintained whatever TPE do.

iainbhx

Looks like the 0659 is moved forwards to enable it to extend to Kidderminster from Stourbridge Junction and slot back into the same service as before back towards Birmingham.

That will probably make the 07:13 full and standing from Hall Green. It's touch and go if you can get a seat from Spring Road now. It's going to have to be the 06:36 to get a decent connection to Crewe now.

michael74

Apologies if this has been discussed, I did a forum search and the closest was here. I am looking to get from Paddington to the South West on the 19th May. According to GWR there are no fares available, I am assuming they are not releasing fares until they are sure the timetable is not going to fall apart on Sunday morning.

Established Member
Dont know if this has been brought up. Looking at RTT LNER north of Edinburgh towards Inverness and Aberdeen as showing as 1Wxx and not the current 1Sxx from May. Possibly a clash with other services in Scotland which has caused this?

Status
Not open for further replies.