• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

May 2019 timetable changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mathew S

Established Member
Northern timetable is up on rtt now
Except Northern are adamant (when I asked about it on Twitter) that it's not their timetable, they know nothing about it, and that it won't be published until next month... despite the fact that it's showing up on nationalrail.co.uk and in journey planners.

berneyarms

Established Member
Except Northern are adamant (when I asked about it on Twitter) that it's not their timetable, they know nothing about it, and that it won't be published until next month... despite the fact that it's showing up on nationalrail.co.uk and in journey planners.
Until the final timetable pdfs are published, there can still be late changes.

This has happened numerous times in the past for various operators.

By and large RTT/journey planners will be right at this stage, but I would not take them as gospel until the pdf timetables appear.

Mathew S

Established Member
Until the final timetable pdfs are published, there can still be late changes.

This has happened numerous times in the past for various operators.

By and large RTT/journey planners will be right at this stage, but I would not take them as gospel until the pdf timetables appear.
I know. The specific change I was asking them about though (splitting the Manchester - Kirkby services at Wigan for most of the day), would be an odd thing to upload if you didn't mean to do it.

berneyarms

Established Member
I know. The specific change I was asking them about though (splitting the Manchester - Kirkby services at Wigan for most of the day), would be an odd thing to upload if you didn't mean to do it.
Until the final timetables are uploaded and the PR people get the full low down, I'd not expect people on twitter to be particularly aware of the changes just yet. Patience! The change is over two months away.

Mathew S

Established Member
Until the final timetables are uploaded and the PR people get the full low down, I'd not expect people on twitter to be particularly aware of the changes just yet. Patience! The change is over two months away.
Yeah, I know.
From a practical point of view, though, I can't see them changing their minds about something after publishing the timetable - better to apply pressure before they publicly release it. Not that I think they'll change it anyway, but it's worth a try

Stopper

The early morning Kirkcaldy-Glasgow Queen Street service appears to have been retimed and rerouted. It will no longer call at Linlithgow, Polmont, Lenzie or Bishopbriggs and will go via Cumbernauld, calling there and Springburn. The return to Markinch will remain via Lenzie and calls at all of the previous calls.

7:00 GLQ-EDB takes 10 minutes between Haymarket and Edinburgh, I thought pathing time had been reduced?

Also, I’m surprised the E-G via Cumbernauld services have survived the upcoming timetable change.

Established Member
There's an 1+hr lay over with each service. Let's start a petition for them to be extended to Market Rasen

That won't exist when the timetable is rewritten for the full Azuma service though, this is only being achieved by extending the existing London to Newark North Gate services so there's no point doing anything else with them in the Lincoln area only for it to be taken away in a year or two.

sufian123

That won't exist when the timetable is rewritten for the full Azuma service though, this is only being achieved by extending the existing London to Newark North Gate services so there's no point doing anything else with them in the Lincoln area only for it to be taken away in a year or two.

How come they more being extended to Lincoln?

Class 170101

Established Member
7:00 GLQ-EDB takes 10 minutes between Haymarket and Edinburgh, I thought pathing time had been reduced?

I'm surprised the stop at Linlithgow hasn't been maintained given there is a connection to be made for faster journeys into Queen Street.

Thought it might have returned to Newark Northgate to connect with the York service instead? Isn't that the plan long term anyway?

Established Member
Thought it might have returned to Newark Northgate to connect with the York service instead? Isn't that the plan long term anyway?

Getting to Newark and back in 1 hr 10 or so would be pretty tight anyway, and no the Lincoln to Newark shuttles will remain part of the East Midlands franchise. It was suggested as a means of freeing up a DMU when NX/East Coast were planning on using the 180s around 2010 but obviously that never happened.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
They are selling tickets against it, so in telling you this they are obviously talking out of their...

mrcaa

They are selling tickets against it, so in telling you this they are obviously talking out of their...

Are they actually for sale anywhere yet? They’re on National Rail but I can’t find any Northern services on the TOCs websites to actually buy them. Maybe they’ll show up tomorrow if the staff who create them don’t work weekends.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
Are they actually for sale anywhere yet? They’re on National Rail but I can’t find any Northern services on the TOCs websites to actually buy them. Maybe they’ll show up tomorrow if the staff who create them don’t work weekends.
I have been able to buy the tickets by selecting their trains on NRE and then clicking forward, where NRE has suggested I am forwarded to the TransPennine Express website. A cursory look through trainline.com also shows many of their services there.

Mathew S

Established Member
TPE app for starters. Also TrainSplit. Looks like it's only Trainline driven sites/apps that they aren't on yet.

Kieran1990

trickyvegas

Just checking through RTT to see what Northern are changing around the Leeds area on Sunday’s from 19/5
Stumbled over TPE operating a service Leeds-Man Vic 11:34, 13:34, 14:34 non stop via the Calder Valley
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/Y01118/2019/05/19/advanced
Respective returns from Man Vic 11:53, 12:53.
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/Y01053/2019/05/19/advanced
Assume these are clearly from route knowledge?

Is it possible there is engineering work on the Stalybridge - Victoria line on that Sunday?

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
They're down as WTT rather than VAR (Variation) or STP (Short Term Plan)- which means they're in the official timetable.

RTT even has them down as "Runs SuO (Sunday Only) between 19/05/2019 to 08/12/2019"

However, they're down as "Q" paths, meaning that they only run as is required rather than daily. Remains to be seen how regularly that is.

mm333

Just checking through RTT to see what Northern are changing around the Leeds area on Sunday’s from 19/5
Stumbled over TPE operating a service Leeds-Man Vic 11:34, 13:34, 14:34 non stop via the Calder Valley
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/Y01118/2019/05/19/advanced
Respective returns from Man Vic 11:53, 12:53.
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/Y01053/2019/05/19/advanced
Assume these are clearly from route knowledge?

They're in the database hourly from 9am to 7pm http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/sea...1/0200-0159?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt&toc=TP

Status
Not open for further replies.