• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

May 2019 timetable pdf Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

berneyarms

Established Member
Almost there....uploaded now are:
  • Chiltern Railways
  • CrossCountry Trains
  • East Midlands Trains
  • Gatwick Express
  • Grand Central
  • Great Northern
  • Greater Anglia
  • GWR
  • Hull Trains
  • LNER
  • London Northwestern Railway
  • Northern
  • Scotrail (Most)
  • Southeastern
  • Southern
  • South Western Railway
  • TfL Rail
  • Thameslink
  • TransPennine Express
  • Transport for Wales
  • Virgin Trains
  • West Midlands Railway

Still to go are:
  • c2c
  • Caledonian Sleeper
  • London Overground
  • Merseyrail / Merseytravel
  • Scotrail (2 routes still outstanding)
  • Network Rail eNRT
  • Network Rail Working Timetables

Johnny Lewis

I've had a quick look at LNWR, particularly looking at the new Liverpool - Birmingham - Euston trains.

These don't appear to be shown fully in one single timetable.

In the Liverpool to Birmingham timetable, there's times shown for Birmingham International, Coventry and Euston, but nowhere else (you'd have thought reinstating regular direct trains from Liverpool to Rugby, Northampton, Milton Keynes and Watford might have warranted a mention).

In the Birmingham to London timetable (which confusingly shows the line from Liverpool to Birmingham on the front cover) there aren't any stations shown north of Birmingham New Street and no reference at all that some trains continue to either Crewe or Liverpool.

So all these new direct services will exist (there haven't been regular direct trains between Liverpool and Birmingham International or Coventry since 2002 or earlier) and yet LNWR's own publicity doesn't show them anywhere in their entirety!

I have only looked at the PDFs (and only on a mobile phone screen), so whether the printed ones will be any different or not, I can't say.

InOban

Established Member
There's an Aberdeen to Inverness timetable, but only valid for a month, when they start the major works.

There's a timetable which says it should include the trains to Cumbernauld and Grahamston, but doesn't actually.

holmestm

Can anyone point me to a single timetable for the entire Thameslink Great Northern line services for the new May 2019 timetable? Lots of separate booklet PDFs available online but I can't find a single view of all services.

krus_aragon

Established Member

berneyarms

Established Member
Can anyone point me to a single timetable for the entire Thameslink Great Northern line services for the new May 2019 timetable? Lots of separate booklet PDFs available online but I can't find a single view of all services.
There isn’t one published by the TOC - you have to use the different pdf files.

The eNRT will have larger tables but I’m not sure that any one will include everything.

There isn’t one published by the TOC - you have to use the different pdf files.

The eNRT will have larger tables but I’m not sure that any one will include everything.
Is it the whole Great Northern Line you're after (i.e. Peterbrough/Kings Lynn - London and everything in between)? I can compile one for you if beneficial.

greatkingrat

Established Member
The plan was to increase the service to 4tph in May, however until the 710s are ready there aren't enough units. So the current plan is to continue running an uneven 3tph (15 28 45 from Euston) with a 30 minute gap in service. The 4th path will initially be available for 710 training and then potentially be brought into service at some point once sufficient units/drivers are available.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member

The Valley Lines have some alterations from September until the December Timetable to take account of the Leaf Fall season

David Turner

Just downloaded the new Network Rail E timetable which starts on the 19th May and for the fourth or maybe even fifth year the 19.07 London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street is not shown in Table 65. It is however still shown in the Crewe to Liverpool summary – table 91.

Once again there are no trains whatsoever from Scarborough to York for the whole duration of the timetable, they all start at Seamer. This plan must have worked very well in the last timetable as it has been repeated in the new timetable.

I’ve found that its useless emailing Network Rail, I’ve had replies from them in previous years re the 19.07. But......four years later no change.

berneyarms

Established Member
Latest update:

Timetable pdfs now available for:
  • Chiltern Railways
  • CrossCountry Trains
  • East Midlands Trains
  • Gatwick Express
  • Grand Central
  • Great Northern
  • Greater Anglia
  • GWR
  • Hull Trains
  • LNER
  • London Northwestern Railway
  • London Overground
  • Northern
  • Scotrail (Most)
  • Southeastern
  • Southern
  • South Western Railway
  • TfL Rail
  • Thameslink
  • TransPennine Express
  • Transport for Wales
  • Virgin Trains
  • West Midlands Railway
  • Network Rail eNRT
Still to go are:
  • c2c
  • Caledonian Sleeper
  • London Overground (Euston-Watford)
  • Merseyrail / Merseytravel
  • Scotrail (Glasgpw Queen St High Level-Edinburgh via Cumbernauld & Falkirk Grahamston)
  • Network Rail Working Timetables

krus_aragon

Established Member
The Valley Lines have some alterations from September until the December Timetable to take account of the Leaf Fall season
Ah, thanks. Sitting (in ignorance) at the other end of the country, I was wondering if it might have been a precaution in case some unfinalised Metro work might be planned.

krus_aragon

Established Member
Ah, thanks. Sitting (in ignorance) at the other end of the country, I was wondering if it might have been a precaution in case some unfinalised Metro work might be planned.

MikeWM

Established Member
Just downloaded the new Network Rail E timetable which starts on the 19th May and for the fourth or maybe even fifth year the 19.07 London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street is not shown in Table 65. It is however still shown in the Crewe to Liverpool summary – table 91.

Once again there are no trains whatsoever from Scarborough to York for the whole duration of the timetable, they all start at Seamer. This plan must have worked very well in the last timetable as it has been repeated in the new timetable.

I’ve found that its useless emailing Network Rail, I’ve had replies from them in previous years re the 19.07. But......four years later no change.

I could do my usual rant about the lack of maps, sleeper timetable, a single volume... but I'm guessing none of those things are ever going to come back now :(

Instead I'll just note that we appear to have an exciting new operator 'ZZ' in Table 25 that will apparently be running trains from Cambridge to Maidstone at exactly the same times that Thameslink are running trains from Cambridge to London...

holmestm

Is it the whole Great Northern Line you're after (i.e. Peterbrough/Kings Lynn - London and everything in between)? I can compile one for you if beneficial.

Thanks @splashoutradio

I want to put together a timetable for London Commuters from the Cambridgeshire villages (Meldreth, Shepreth and Foxton) that shows connecting services to/from Peterborough.

From 20th May the quickest way home in the evening is a xx12/xx42 service KGX-PBO, change at Stevenage and take the stopping service with only a 5 minute wait (at present I wait 12 minutes at Royston). This isn't shown in the timetable (13) that GTR provide.

Also in the morning, it's possible to stay on the stopping service until Hitchin and take a Thameslink service from Peterborough through the core rather than inevitably having to stand on the express service to Kings Cross. Although at present the Peterborough Horsham services are quite full I'm hoping the extra tph will mean more seats on that service too.

If you can provide me with the timetable data I'm happy to put this together.

Thanks @splashoutradio

I want to put together a timetable for London Commuters from the Cambridgeshire villages (Meldreth, Shepreth and Foxton) that shows connecting services to/from Peterborough.

From 20th May the quickest way home in the evening is a xx12/xx42 service KGX-PBO, change at Stevenage and take the stopping service with only a 5 minute wait (at present I wait 12 minutes at Royston). This isn't shown in the timetable (13) that GTR provide.

Also in the morning, it's possible to stay on the stopping service until Hitchin and take a Thameslink service from Peterborough through the core rather than inevitably having to stand on the express service to Kings Cross. Although at present the Peterborough Horsham services are quite full I'm hoping the extra tph will mean more seats on that service too.

If you can provide me with the timetable data I'm happy to put this together.
Not sure if this has the information you're after - let me know if not (it can be changed really easily :) ).
It contains all trains between Cambridge, Royston, Stevenage & London with connections for Peterbrough (excluding non-stop journeys between London & Peterbrough).
http://www.railwaydata.co.uk/timetables/May19/timetable.php?table=HOL

pdeaves

Established Member
Instead I'll just note that we appear to have an exciting new operator 'ZZ' in Table 25 that will apparently be running trains from Cambridge to Maidstone at exactly the same times that Thameslink are running trains from Cambridge to London...
Also tables 179, 184, 188, 200 and 201. Table 170 has a solitary ZZ 'Southern' service.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member

Annual event to allow time lost due to defensive driving. Examples are some Bargoed services turning back at Ystrad Mynach.

holmestm

There's a note in table 196 that says 'Maidstone to Cambridge Service will be introduced in December 2019' - perhaps they'll start running training services before then like they did for Cambridge - Brighton.

InOban

Established Member
There's an Aberdeen to Inverness timetable, but only valid for a month, when they start the major works.

There's a timetable which says it should include the trains to Cumbernauld and Grahamston, but doesn't actually.
At the last minute they have now loaded the missing Cumbernauld and Grahamston timetable, and there's a second Inverness to Aberdeen timetable covering mid June to December

GW43125

Established Member
With a week to go, Eurostar still haven't put up the new timetables. Not helpful when you're trying to plan.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
The new Liverpool-Chester service is included in eNRT Table 81 (Manchester/Crewe-Holyhead).
However, as Liverpool South Parkway and Runcorn are now in the station bank, Table 81 now shows ALL the trains between these points including VT to London, LM to Birmingham and EM/NT to Manchester via the CLC route.

The new Leeds-Chester is also shown, but without any line for Manchester Victoria, so apparently starting from Newton le Willows (with a footnote saying starting from Leeds).
Very clumsy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.