• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

May 2020 timetable ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstmart

Have amended my post to now ask for if anyone has or is able to advise if its possible to get hold of a copy of the May 2020 timetable. I know this is expected to be released 11/05/20 online, but am after any early 'drafts' / used for consultation etc. I'm after the raw CIF file. I looked at the RDG website but that only lists the current one which came into force in Dec 2019 :(

Thank you !

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BrianW

Established Member
Any update on likely publication date- I know that Covid is a factor.

pcm_

I enquired to @northernassist, via Twitter direct message, yesterday.

I said:
Morning, I was wondering whether the May timetable changes will be going ahead. I know they won’t be happening in full IN May, but will the changes they bring be enacted when things begin to go back to normal, or will they be pushed back to December. Thanks.

The following was the reply:
@northernassist said:
Hello, we cannot fully confirm any plans at present but it is likely that the changes will not be introduced until December at this point.

RailAleFan

I'm after the raw CIF file. I looked at the RDG website but that only lists the current one which came into force in Dec 2019 :(

The RDG CIF format feed via data.atoc.org contains the current and May 2020 timetable (although the feed title is "Current Timetable Feed")...

I'm after the raw CIF file. I looked at the RDG website but that only lists the current one which came into force in Dec 2019 :(
The RDG CIF format feed via data.atoc.org contains the current and May 2020 timetable (although the feed title is "Current Timetable Feed")...
RailAleFan is correct, the new May 2020 timetable is available in the current RDG CIF feed, however there are regular updates with short-term cancellations and amendments as the covid situation continues.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
I'm sure that one TOC has said that it's going back to a Saturday timetable as of the 18th of May. Given that a Saturday timetable is very nearly the same as a weekday timetable, would this be necessary so soon into the future?

BHXDMT

I'm sure that one TOC has said that it's going back to a Saturday timetable as of the 18th of May. Given that a Saturday timetable is very nearly the same as a weekday timetable, would this be necessary so soon into the future?

The industry is "looking at" how they could get back to a Saturday timetable, with no timeframe in mind. Any increase in service is down to what the government advise, regarding the ongoing lockdown situation.

dk1

Veteran Member
An article in MR magazine this month estimates the reduced service & 95% plus drop in passengers is costing the DfT around £900m per month. It would seem the TOCs wanted to prune services further but the DfT refused. I can only assume ramping things up again is in preparation for the next stage where some lockdown lifting is quietly expected the week after the Summer 2020 timetable is due to commence.

Last edited:

The Planner

Veteran Member
The industry is "looking at" how they could get back to a Saturday timetable, with no timeframe in mind. Any increase in service is down to what the government advise, regarding the ongoing lockdown situation.
It is more than just looking and a date was chosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.