• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

May Bank Holiday on the IOWSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

W14Fishbourne

Two train running on the IOWSR on Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday, including W8 Freshwater (described as one of the last opportunities to see her in action before overhaul) with the vintage train, to a frequent timetable. Pity about the weather forecast!

See here.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

W14Fishbourne

Despite (or perhaps because of) the appalling weather (the Isle of Wight was particularly badly affected with up to 3 inches of rain) the event was very well-attended. Trains were hauled by Terrier W8 Freshwater and Army Austerity no 92 Waggoner and comprised a mix of bogie and vintage 4-wheel stock.

Photos here.

W14Fishbourne

Was this photo taken around 15.00 on the Monday. I think I was there because I saw some of those people on the platform.

It was indeed. I was heading home at that point. If you saw someone with a well-laden bike, that was me, having stopped the train at Ashey to get on.

Incidentally, did you see the superb new book that was launched that weekend: The Isle of Wight Steam Railway - 40 years of preservation by Terry Hastings and Dave Walker? It's amazing to look back and see how this lovely little railway has developed over the years but still stayed true to its original aims.

W14

CraigS

Established Member
I think I did see you.

I didn't have a look at the book though because I didn't have enough time. I was only on the Steam Railway for around an hour and a half and I spent around 4 hours getting there. If I had enough time then I would of taken a peek inside. I like to read books on railways that have developed over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.