• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Maybank extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

wumpty

Just an update to let you know I've updated the fotopics page with 48 new screenshots.

http://trainsimcentral.fotopic.net/c888649.html

The Maybank line has been renamed NWM (Network West Midlands) as there are two new branches being worked upon, Tony an I thought it necessary to get rid of the Maybank branding.

The screenies show parts of the extension from Hobbs Cross to Wellford by myself. The trackwork, position of stations, gradients, signals (and some scenery) are based on the Snow Hill Line in Birmingham. The big station with the glass roof is just a pipe dream of what Snow Hill should have look like if they'd rebuilt it properly! Instead of the Metro, we have a 4 track heavy rail section, a cross between the old GW line to Wolves L.L and what stands there presently.

There are also a few shots of Tony's loop line which runs from Blackford, turns off at the right hand junction after Whitminster, on a two track diesel branch, ending up at Frankley Junction.

Hope you like.

Steve

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
Beautiful Steve, I look forward to the releases, when ever they may be! I assume the new DMU mentioned on the guestbook will feature in the route...?

Nitro

Awesome screenies there, really looking to the next update Network West Midlands just hope my PC can handle it!

Coxster

Established Member
Do you have some kind of route map? This route is really getting large!

nutter

Looking absolutly fantastic, I've always loved the NWM but now the network is coming into shape I can't wait for it. Can I may a suggestion, can we have a longer 156 turn, or atleast a timetable which you can keep to in a 156 as it's one of my favorites. Keep up the great work and I can't wait for a release, especially as I can see where you got some of the inspiration from

andrewmay

Cant wait for this one. I have always loved this route and hope you can keep the same excellent standard for this update. Well done.

wumpty

Won't be as long as that, I've decided to release bits in stages - taking a leaf out of Rich's book. Glad to see there is some interest though.

The first stage will take you to from Norton to Wellingham Ludgate Hill (Snow Hill) with various routings/stopping patterns or to a freight siding along the way.

Any budding cartographers want to volenteer to do a network map btw?

Jordy

Established Member
wumpty said:
Any budding cartographers want to volenteer to do a network map btw?

I'd be happy to make the map, I did the one for Richwell as i've got a special map drawing program.

Example

Tell me what you think

Jordy

T

Tom

Nah, don't worry, trying to be annoying!

Anyway, made a rough start on a map showing calling patterns too!

Attachments

• maybankroute.gif
    maybankroute.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 65

Simon_G

Interesting map, Jordy. I wonder if NWM can include walking routes (with extra stops in late Friday night versions)?

Tom B

Established Member
Jordy said:
I'd be happy to make the map, I did the one for Richwell as i've got a special map drawing program.

Example

Tell me what you think

Jordy

Could you link to the program i nqeustion?

Jordy

Established Member
Unfortunately its not free, it came with a magazine (the program was the reason I got the mag in the first place ;))

Jordy

Tom B

Established Member
Jordy said:
Unfortunately its not free, it came with a magazine (the program was the reason I got the mag in the first place ;))

Jordy

Aaah, I'd forgotten the world outside freeware and free software!

T

Tom

Err, done a bit more work!

Attachments

• bitmorework.gif
    bitmorework.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 59

wumpty

Blimey maps coming from all angles! I'll post the station names, but stopping patterns haven't been finalised, but they should be :

Highgate loop Line
==================
All Stns

Blackbrook
Lower End
Whitminster
(turns of main line)
Steelhouse Lane
Highgate
Salford Bridge
Long Tirley
Dosett