• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Maybank extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
wumpty said:
Blimey maps coming from all angles! I'll post the station names, but stopping patterns haven't been finalised.
As mentioned above, I hope there is a decent 156 run as the current one os quite limited in both time and speed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wumpty

Coxster said:
As mentioned above, I hope there is a decent 156 run as the current one os quite limited in both time and speed.

Yes, the semi fast is diagrammed for the 156 but the linespeed ain't all that great, mostly 60mph.

The Snap

Established Member
wumpty said:
Yes, the semi fast is diagrammed for the 156 but the linespeed ain't all that great, mostly 60mph.

Ah well! :mad: :p

I like TC's map, only I think it needs a little more shape, if you see what I mean. From the list of stations Steve gave, and Tom's map I have come up with this small prototype. I assume the route looks something like this (only major stations are pinpointed at this time):

nwmmap5hy.jpg

Is that right Steve?

T

Tom

Had a thought because the other one was a bit confusing.

Attachments

• anotherone.gif
    anotherone.gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 59

devon_metro

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Had a thought because the other one was a bit confusing.

Lol I would watch out. tfL will probably try and sue you for not seeking copyright of 'their' map design...!

Nitro

Rich said:
Ah well! :mad: :p

I like TC's map, only I think it needs a little more shape, if you see what I mean. From the list of stations Steve gave, and Tom's map I have come up with this small prototype. I assume the route looks something like this (only major stations are pinpointed at this time):

nwmmap5hy.jpg

Is that right Steve?
Rich, Blackbrook is a branchline not before Maybank on the mainline!

Muppet

Heres Mine did it yesterday just didn't have time to upload

Attachments

• Maybank Network Map2.zip
    7 KB · Views: 56
T

Tom

It is probably a bit on the line - it is freeware so it shouldn't have any problems, whereas the page which was removed by Geoff Marshall was a name modification of the tube map, therefore defacing it, but this is a modification for a fictional route so it should be OK!

Rhys said:
Heres Mine did it yesterday just didn't have time to upload
Hi mate. The junction for Hobbs Cross is just after Norton and form the slow line, the Hobbs Cross is formed. Brookfield is on this line between Norton and Hobbs Cross. Other than that, brilliant map and I love the style! ;)

Coxster

Established Member
Love it Jordy - except it is 'Ludgate Hill' and not 'Ludgate Hull' ;)

Nitro

Very good Jordy, Maybank (or Network West Midlands as its called now) seems to be growing bigger and bigger!

T

Tom

Something called a Tubemap and Paint, well in my case Photoshop, but quite easily doable in Paint...

Tomnick

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
I can't decide...
Methinks that the 'branch' should be to the left of the main line though ;). As you drive from Maybank, that's the one that heads off to the right after you've left the tunnel beyond Whitminster...tipping that on its head leaves you with it on the left of the map! I'll go away and be pedantic somewhere else now :oops: .

devon_metro

Established Member
Tomnick said:
Methinks that the 'branch' should be to the left of the main line though ;). As you drive from Maybank, that's the one that heads off to the right after you've left the tunnel beyond Whitminster...tipping that on its head leaves you with it on the left of the map! I'll go away and be pedantic somewhere else now :oops: .

Possibly as it looks like TC has used the Mill Hill branch for it :p

T

Tom

I have? No I haven't. There is 1 station on the Mill Hill branch.

devon_metro

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
I have? No I haven't. There is 1 station on the Mill Hill branch.

Well i'm sure it's easy enough to add a dot on the map.

(I won't argue any more as i'll lose :lol:)

The Snap

Established Member
I love the latest one Tom, but I also like Jordy's. I would say Jordy's is better, as it has more originality to it, whereas Tom's is basically a tube map, with different stations. Perhaps a different font, colour, different symbols etc, to give it more individuality. :) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.