• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MB21BUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyrippley

Established Member
MB21BUS a Mercedes eCitaro demonstrator was heading south down the M6 this morning on the back of an orange heavy duty low loader.
Passed Wigan around 09:00
Interesting that they weren't prepared to drive it to wherever...........does it suffer from short range?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cnjb8

Established Member
MB21BUS a Mercedes eCitaro demonstrator was heading south down the M6 this morning on the back of an orange heavy duty low loader.
Passed Wigan around 09:00
Interesting that they weren't prepared to drive it to wherever...........does it suffer from short range?
Previously with McGills I believe. Maybe it’s going to Evobus in Coventry, so a lot of miles!

skyhigh

Established Member
Previously with McGills I believe. Maybe it’s going to Evobus in Coventry, so a lot of miles!
It definitely spent some time at Transdev in Harrogate too - I saw it being driven up the A1 on delivery to Harrogate, so they've definitely driven it for at least some legs of its trip.

APT618S

It's also been with Go North East (Fleet ID 9049) as I rode on it in service on 27/08/21.

Stan Drews

Established Member
Yes, it has been on demonstration with Harrogate Bus Co, Go North East and McGill’s so far. It’s now back with Mercedes, but I’d imagine it will appear elsewhere in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.