• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MCW Metrobuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewRead

On Moderation
I use to ride these a lot as a kid but what i want to know is why some of the ex-Airbus ones were either repainted in London United's smart red and white livery and a few retained their coach like seats on the top deck while others were repainted in a less attractive red all over with the grey/red seats instead of the black, yellow orange seats although i seem to recall some of the original liveried ones got the red grey seats as well.
Please see this video to know what I mean. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr9hdZhYzEU

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I see no one will reply to this thread so I guess I wasted my time putting it up :(

Only just noticed this thread, because I was out of action for two or three weeks, but I'll endeavour to provide some sort of answer within the next two or three days: if I can't, I'll say so.

ANDREW_D_WEBB

I use to ride these a lot as a kid but what i want to know is why some of the ex-Airbus ones were either repainted in London United's smart red and white livery and a few retained their coach like seats on the top deck while others were repainted in a less attractive red all over with the grey/red seats instead of the black, yellow orange seats although i seem to recall some of the original liveried ones got the red grey seats as well.
Please see this video to know what I mean. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr9hdZhYzEU

The Metrobuses on the Airbus services were replaced by dedicated Olympians in the NxxxUHP series. They were then cascaded to TfL work who at about the same time introduced an 80% red rule which London United's livery fell foul of, hence the red livery. As to the seats I guess it was due to whether spare bus seats were available to replace the coach ones.

MatthewRead

On Moderation
The Metrobuses on the Airbus services were replaced by dedicated Olympians in the NxxxUHP series. They were then cascaded to TfL work who at about the same time introduced an 80% red rule which London United's livery fell foul of, hence the red livery. As to the seats I guess it was due to whether spare bus seats were available to replace the coach ones.
Yes it was only the ones that received red and white livery that retained the coach seats on the top deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.