• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MD of Transport Investigations Ltd responds to Transport Select Committee in 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RPI

Established Member
From 2007 though

Edit; I've now fully read the title.... doh

matt_world2004

Established Member
He had ago a me in the street once I was doing some work for TfL checking rail replacement buses so he came upto me and asked what I was doing and he got angry because til apparently provide that service and tfl was using in-house people.

He was cycling on the pavement as well which I thought was ironic considering his company enforces bylaws. ,

flythetube

He had ago a me in the street once I was doing some work for TfL checking rail replacement buses so he came upto me and asked what I was doing and he got angry because til apparently provide that service and tfl was using in-house people.

He was cycling on the pavement as well which I thought was ironic considering his company enforces bylaws. ,
As far as I am aware, Transport Investigations Limited provide the Customer Information Assistants for the Rail Replacement Bus Services (Pink Hi-Vi’s, White Shirts and snazzy ties plus TIL Pin Badge)

Monitoring of and loadings observations are carried out by Tfl in house surveying staff with additional assistance from Agency staff where more bodies are required.

TIL has no involvement with RRB Loadings or monitoring activities.

matt_world2004

Established Member
As far as I am aware, Transport Investigations Limited provide the Customer Information Assistants for the Rail Replacement Bus Services (Pink Hi-Vi’s, White Shirts and snazzy ties plus TIL Pin Badge)

Monitoring of and loadings observations are carried out by Tfl in house surveying staff with additional assistance from Agency staff where more bodies are required.

TIL has no involvement with RRB Loadings or monitoring activities.
No transport investigations do not have any responsibility for monitoring rail replacement buses, but even if they did that is not the guy on the street working for TfL counting bus passengers responsibility . If TIL have a problem with tfl using in-house staff or otherwise they need to take it up with their contract managers at TfL.

flythetube

Agreed.

Also speaking to one of their Customer Assistants recently, he said that at present because of Co-Vid, TIL have no Ticketing Prosecution Contracts running, only the Customer Information Assistants for Tfl Rail Replacement Buses and another Concierge Contract at Heathrow, so in theory, noone recently should have had any Ticketing Irregularity Prosecution issued against them from Ticketing Investigations Ltd.

On another note, is there not a conflict of interest, as I have noted them informing RRB customers that the RRB’s are free, but in fact according to timetable panel info relating to RRB’s, these state that you must hold a valid ticket for your journey or risk an £80 penalty fare.

Although in reality, no one is checking tickets / oysters etc on RRB’s.

Then the same company who is employing staff who tell you that the RRB is free is also sending out (or were) Ticketing Prosecution Correspondence!!

Although Tfl has its own in house in house Revenue Protection Teams and prosecution department.

matt_world2004

Established Member
Agreed.

Also speaking to one of their Customer Assistants recently, he said that at present because of Co-Vid, TIL have no Ticketing Prosecution Contracts running, only the Customer Information Assistants for Tfl Rail Replacement Buses and another Concierge Contract at Heathrow, so in theory, noone recently should have had any Ticketing Irregularity Prosecution issued against them from Ticketing Investigations Ltd.

On another note, is there not a conflict of interest, as I have noted them informing RRB customers that the RRB’s are free, but in fact according to timetable panel info relating to RRB’s, these state that you must hold a valid ticket for your journey or risk an £80 penalty fare.

Although in reality, no one is checking tickets / oysters etc on RRB’s.

Then the same company who is employing staff who tell you that the RRB is free is also sending out (or were) Ticketing Prosecution Correspondence!!

Although Tfl has its own in house in house Revenue Protection Teams and prosecution department.
They don't issue contractor oyster cards either to their RRB customer service assistants either. This means to do their job. (Which often means travelling to other stations on the RRB) their staff are required to either pay or committ a ticketing irregularity

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Also speaking to one of their Customer Assistants recently, he said that at present because of Co-Vid, TIL have no Ticketing Prosecution Contracts running

Oh no! How sad! Anyway...

(I believe I've made my feelings about TIL known on these boards before now ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.