• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Meanwhile, in other news...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PR1Berske

Established Member
]Imaginary banjo player cleared of public indecency

A commuter accused of performing an indecent act while on a train has been cleared after explaining he was strumming an imaginary banjo.

Melvyn Webb, 54, was arrested following a complaint from a woman passenger sitting next to him on a 7.08am Basingstoke to Reading train last August.

Mr Webb, of Basingstoke, denied a charge of outraging public decency and told a jury at Reading Crown Court he was miming playing a banjo and tapping his fingers on his knees.

He also said he had been adjusting his underwear and blamed his heavy breathing on a respiratory tract infection he was suffering at the time.

The jury of eight women and four men cleared Mr Webb by a majority verdict on Monday

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
I remember once happening on a group of George Formby impersonators on the local tv news and being momentarily stunned by what I thought I was seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.