• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mechanical Digger Between Green Lane and Rock Ferry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smelly_Diesel

I have the dubious pleasure of visiting Rock Ferry twice a week for family reasons and I am wondering of the significance of the mechanical digger on the railway bridge by what is the closed Tranmere station (Just down the road from the Lidl supermarket). I saw a train running as usual and wondered if they had gone bi-directional on one of the lines or something similar, the digger being (As far as I know) there since Tuesday?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Polarbear

Established Member
I think that a radio mast/mobile phone mast of some description is being installed alongside the track there.

A few other have appeared on railway land in recent times, for example between Sandhills & Bank Hall.

John55

I have the dubious pleasure of visiting Rock Ferry twice a week for family reasons and I am wondering of the significance of the mechanical digger on the railway bridge by what is the closed Tranmere station (Just down the road from the Lidl supermarket). I saw a train running as usual and wondered if they had gone bi-directional on one of the lines or something similar, the digger being (As far as I know) there since Tuesday?

The railway is 6 tracks wide at that point so plenty of room for a digger alongside the remaining active railway.

By the way congratulations not many can remember Tranmere station as it closed in the 1850s!

Status
Not open for further replies.