• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Medical and shift patterns at Yeovil Junction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Hateley

Just had the call the other day that I’d passed the interview but couldn’t be given a start date, COVID etc. Can anyone please give me an idea what to expect from the medical and what the shift patterns are at Yeovil Junction?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

vikingdriver

Just had the call the other day that I’d passed the interview but couldn’t be given a start date, COVID etc. Can anyone please give me an idea what to expect from the medical and what the shift patterns are at Yeovil Junction?
Is that for driver or guard?

MiNi

Well done on getting in. Did you apply ages ago but didn't hear anything for a long time. I had a assessment day back in October 2019 but didn't pass unfortunately. Am still waiting for them to maybe readvertise the position as I still have 2 lives left.

WombleGuard

Well done on getting in. Did you apply ages ago but didn't hear anything for a long time. I had a assessment day back in October 2019 but didn't pass unfortunately. Am still waiting for them to maybe readvertise the position as I still have 2 lives left.
Commercial Guard Yeovil is out at the moment internally.

SAL18

Congratulations on the Yeovil job! I’m a Salisbury guard so cover Yeovil shifts frequently! Their shift pattern isn’t to bad, no night turns currently but they are meant to be getting them from us at some point. If it’s anything like Salisbury it’s
7 days on, 2 off, 7 on, 2 off, 6 on, 4 off. And then repeat with a mix of early starts say 04:30 to late finishes of 01:30.
Hope this helps

J3053B

Currently a guard at Yeovil Junction - so congratulations and may well be seeing you soon!

Echo what SAL18 says we only have early and late working at the moment - usually around around a 0430 start or a 1600 start.

Great depot and building work has recently started to increase depot capacity.

The plan is to have around 18 guards by May 2021, 25 guards by Dec 2021 and 32 guards by May 2022.

I believe we currently have 14 guards at the moment.

Also medical is very simple, blood pressure, BMI, eyesight, hearing and drugs and alcohol test.

Any further questions let me know!

Last edited:

MiNi

Currently a guard at Yeovil Junction - so congratulations and may well be seeing you soon!

Echo what SAL18 says we only have early and late working at the moment - usually around around a 0430 start or a 1600 start.

The plan is to have around 18 guards by May 2021, 25 guards by Dec 2021 and 32 guards by May 2022.

Also medical is very simple, blood pressure, BMI, eyesight, hearing and drugs and alcohol test.

Good to hear the views of a current guard at Yeovil Junction. I have often wondered how many guards they had/needed to run the depot.Thanks.

Carpy19

I applied for the trainee driver role back in March last year. My application is still live and in 'HR pass status' (whatever that means!) Hopefully hear back at some point.

Congrats on your success Sir Hateley!

vikingdriver

I applied for the trainee driver role back in March last year. My application is still live and in 'HR pass status' (whatever that means!) Hopefully hear back at some point.

Congrats on your success Sir Hateley!

There is a huge training backlog at the moment due to what's happening in the world, including some trainees who've been sat at home for nearly a year now so I imagine that is what is holding things up. Hopefully when things start moving again you'll get some good news.

Sir Hateley

Any idea of the order of things? Is the medical done in advance of any training?

wegotitback

Congratulations on the Yeovil job! I’m a Salisbury guard so cover Yeovil shifts frequently! Their shift pattern isn’t to bad, no night turns currently but they are meant to be getting them from us at some point. If it’s anything like Salisbury it’s
7 days on, 2 off, 7 on, 2 off, 6 on, 4 off. And then repeat with a mix of early starts say 04:30 to late finishes of 01:30.
Hope this helps
Hi do you know if this is the same for Basingstoke depot too? I'm currently waiting for a start date having passed the interview. Thanks

SAL18

Hi do you know if this is the same for Basingstoke depot too? I'm currently waiting for a start date having passed the interview. Thanks
Not sure unfortunately being a Salisbury man, I wouldn’t imagine it’s too different from us but a basing man would be better place to answer your question!

congratulations on passin the interview!

Status
Not open for further replies.