• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Medical assessment question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lragan

Hello, just wondering if anyone could offer any advice; I've just completed an assessment day. Pending results, I passed the stages to the interview and awaiting overall results from the company. I was advised the last stage would be medical.

I am overall healthy, healthy BMI and no pre-existing medical conditions with eyes/hearing or in general.

Recently I have had an abnormal ECG thought to show a Brugada rhythm, which is a rare heart condition I have never experienced and symptoms and it was picked up purely by chance. The abnormal rhythm is bought on by medications which, if avoided, won't show. But this is under investigation and I haven't been diagnosed does anyone know if this will hinder my chances?

I wouldn't go for the job if I did feel I had a health condition that could affect me, but I'm not sure where I stand with this as I don't even know what it is, or if I have it (sorry it's long)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JohnFM

You must declare any condition that might have an effect on your ability to drive.

Trying to mitigate it by stating that you will avoid medications or have not yet been fully diagnosed is diverting the issue. You either have the condition or you do not - irrespective of what triggers it. It is quite black and white.

How did you end up having an ECG?

Brugada syndrome can be fatal with no warning whatsoever. Would you be happy knowing that your family found out you killed hundreds of passengers in an accident that could have been prevented if only you had been honest?

If and when you do have the medical you must tell them. It is a criminal offence to withhold such information for good reasons such as this.

Last edited:

Lragan

You must declare any condition that might have an effect on your ability to drive.

Trying to mitigate it by stating that you will avoid medications or have not yet been fully diagnosed is diverting the issue. You either have the condition or you do not - irrespective of what triggers it. It is quite black and white.

How did you end up having an ECG?

Brugada syndrome can be fatal with no warning whatsoever. Would you be happy knowing that your family found out you killed hundreds of passengers in an accident that could have been prevented if only you had been honest?

If and when you do have the medical you must tell them. It is a criminal offence to withhold such information for good reasons such as this.

Nowhere above have I said I would lie about the condition so in all honesty not sure how helpful the reply is my question simply was how would this effect my chances.
I had an ecg due to chest pains which I didn't know at the time was caused by heartburn.
I have a brugada rhythm not brugada syndrome as I do not show any symptoms and following tests done to bring out the rhythm I still have not shown any symptoms I just wanted some sort of indication as to whether or not this would hinder my chances.
Would a letter from my cardiologist help to take to the medical examination as from what he has advised me this will not effect my life?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.