• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaine19

I have done a safety critical medical already for my job now. But been told trains is more in depth. Which is fine. Only thing which I have been told which worries me now is you have to do a ECG. When I left the navy I got told my heart skips a beat. The results was sent to a hospital and it came back I was fine. Nothing to worry about. But is that something the trains will block. Has any one been in same predicament? Bit worried now after all the effort I've done this will stop me. I drive trams now and doesn't affect me

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

beavercreek

The medical on the heavy rail is a bit more involved than the medical on the light rail/trams.
I have an heart issue controlled by medication.Ive no history of black outs etc so was passed as fine.One thing I was advised was to watch my weight due to sitting around and working shifts.Im no doctor but you should be fine.Good luck with it all and you won't miss them Yellow things.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
If you have the "all clear" from the hospital, I'd not be unduly worried. If you have a results letter or something similar then I'd be tempted to take it with you should the need arise.

kaine19

Yeah I did have one but no idea what I did with it. Was 3 years ago. But yeah I am tempted to get the results sheet to take with me just incase. Yeah like i say doesn't affect me what so ever. I like the trams but this is something I've set a goal of for 3 years and hopefully got on first time of asking
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The medical on the heavy rail is a bit more involved than the medical on the light rail/trams.
I have an heart issue controlled by medication.Ive no history of black outs etc so was passed as fine.One thing I was advised was to watch my weight due to sitting around and working shifts.Im no doctor but you should be fine.Good luck with it all and you won't miss them Yellow things.

I was a bus driver/allocator before this. And even in the navy I was on radar so sat around all my life haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.