• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Medicals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CromptonLad

Quick question re medicals.

Background: I received a verbal offer from a TOC first week of Feb, stating an "April/May" start. My medical was a week later. This was 2nd week of Feb.

Since then I have heard nothing from the TOC; not even a confirmation that medical was passed and to await a date.

Do TOCs tell you if you have failed the medical and arehaving your offer retracted? Is it unusual to have heard nothing 3 weeks after a medical?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

danhenkes

SWT don't let you know unless you've failed. I've had 2 meds with them and never had a word back. As the saying goes, no news is good news.

Best of luck!

CromptonLad

SWT don't let you know unless you've failed. I've had 2 meds with them and never had a word back. As the saying goes, no news is good news.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the advice danhenkes. The medical was 16th, but the offer call was 4 weeks ago hence the concern. Am going to email after this post.

leaffall

If there was anything wrong with you (for want of a better phrase) eg eyesight, blood pressure, hearing etc they would have told you at the medical. The only thing that you wait for is the outcome of the drug screening and if you know you haven't dabbled then there's nothing to worry about so I wouldn't concern yourself about the medical result they are probably just slow getting everything arranged which is par for the course as all the various TOC's HR depts are notoriously busy with everything

Last edited:

CromptonLad

If there was anything wrong with you (for want of a better phrase) eg eyesight, blood pressure, hearing etc they would have told you at the medical. The only thing that you wait for is the outcome of the drug screening and if you know you haven't dabbled then there's nothing to worry about so I wouldn't concern yourself about the medical result they are probably just slow getting everything arranged which is par for the course as all the various TOC's HR depts are notoriously busy with everything

Naught wrong with myself, all seemed fine [and a free diabetes screening, can't argue with that :) ] all passed, the doctor said I was fine and apparently fit to be recommended.

I know I've not dabbled so there shouldn't be anything fishy coming up.

Got a reply from my email an hour later -- apparently they are getting around to telephoning everyone and I should hear within the next week. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the input chaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.