• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Meeting due over Tube safety row - Northern Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomCrame

London Tube said:
PPP on the tube hasn't been that bad. Of course its not as great as it was, but Metronet do seem to have things "under control", since day 1.

The team I'm in had nineteen engineers when I joined it less than six months ago; we now have eight. That is not a situation I would describe as being under control.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

TomCrame said:
London Tube said:
PPP on the tube hasn't been that bad. Of course its not as great as it was, but Metronet do seem to have things "under control", since day 1.

The team I'm in had nineteen engineers when I joined it less than six months ago; we now have eight. That is not a situation I would describe as being under control.
But nothing seems to go wrong as frequently as on Tube Lines lines. Yes losing your job is bad, but maybe they just didn't need them! :?

TomCrame

Exactly - nothing seems to go wrong as frequently. Don't judge a book by it's cover. While Tubelines doesn't appear to do as much track replacement work, when they do they normally replace far more than on a Metronet possession.

As for the people who are no longer employed in my team, all but two were resignations (and the two they made redundant they tried to keep on after the event). They were needed. We now have to turn down and outsource work because we don't have the available staff to do it. And the major part of the PPP is... you guessed it, signalling upgrades!

Status
Not open for further replies.