Mega-Train coming to the South West

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisM

Mega train is soon to be available from Bournemouth/Weymouth to London plus a few stations like Exeter,Salisbury and Bath.

I'm off to London for £2 return instead of £25 ish. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
They should do it for intermediate stations too (even if it is only a fiver for me anyway :p)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Thanks to TC for pointing out the route for Bristol to Waterloo last night. I could bash Bristol to Waterloo for £2.50 return, which is amazingly cheap. Would mean I'd have to bash my way to Bristol first, a SVR return being something like £10 - £12, so still a significant saving for me.

Coxster

Established Member
matt said:
Hopefully megatrain will extend to the WCML as well.
Stagecoach would need to get the franchise up there first! I wonder what would happen if Stagecoach lost the franchise in February - bye bye Megatrain I bet!

RJ

Established Member
SO is an abbreviation for Saturday Only. Can be varied with MTWThF, and SX means a service runs everyday but Saturday. SX-Q means it MIGHT run any day BUT saturday. SO-Q means Saturdays Only-if reQuired. Hope that helps!

T

Tom

Coxster said:
Stagecoach would need to get the franchise up there first! I wonder what would happen if Stagecoach lost the franchise in February - bye bye Megatrain I bet!
I wouldn't be surprised if they start running that if they lose the SWT franchise actually... remember Stagecoach have a 49% share in VT.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
These fares are amazing! Remember, Exeter to Plymouth isn't much more, and you can do Exeter-Penzance cheaply on Virgin Values. I think I may consider a trip at some point - haven't ever done that route from London Waterloo :)

T

Tom

They will be replacing the Turbostar services, so, generally Totton to Romsey via Eastleigh and also replacing the supplementation of other services.

Coxster

Established Member
Mainly:

Portsmouth - Class 444s
Southampton - Class 442s/Class 444s
Bournemouth - Class 442s
Weymouth - Class 442s
Salisbury - Class 158s/Class 159s/Class 170s
Yeovil - Class 159s*
Exeter - Class 159s*
Bristol - Class 158s
Bath - Class 158s

*May be Class 158s once SWT get their new three cars from TPX.

David

Established Member
One other thing, the 170's will be going to Trans Pennine Express (probably on the Manchester Airport - Blackpool / Barrow / Windermere services).

Julian G

Established Member
Coxster said:
Mainly:

Portsmouth - Class 444s
Southampton - Class 442s/Class 444s
Bournemouth - Class 442s
Weymouth - Class 442s
Salisbury - Class 158s/Class 159s/Class 170s
Yeovil - Class 159s*
Exeter - Class 159s*
Bristol - Class 158s
Bath - Class 158s

*May be Class 158s once SWT get their new three cars from TPX.
What about Plymouth/Paignton and Penzance?!

Status
Not open for further replies.