• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Megabus Cardiff-Bristol-London service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin2012

For anyone who is interested, Megabus are altering the timetable for the Cardiff-Bristol-London service from the beginning of October.

The frequency appears to be more or less hourly from Bristol and includes a couple of additional journeys between Friday and sunday from either Bristol and/or Cardiff.

The times of the Plymouth-London services also appear to be getting rejigged

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Temple Meads

Established Member
The times of the Plymouth-London services also appear to be getting rejigged

Unless you live in Cornwall (an extra service running north) it's a bit of a step back IMO including a gap of 1800-2330 between London to Exeter services.

Probably means Nat Ex will be getting more of my money on their 2100 ex-London from now on, 1900 was still earlier than I'd choose to leave from a day trip, but I could live with it, 1800 is a stretch too far, 2330 having the opposite problem.

Martin2012

I didn't realise that there was such a step back with the timings of the London to Exeter services. Should have looked better at that.

Am finding the current timetable for the Cardiff-Bristol-London service extremely confusing. There is an additional journey that currently departs Bristol at something like 1130 on Friday and sunday but there doesn't appear to be a corresponding return journey.

In addition the 16:45 journey off of Bristol is mighty confusing. On Thursday it starts at Newport but Friday through to sunday it starts at Bristol. However its operated by Cwmbran's Stagecoach depot so why wouldn't they just start at at Bristol on all days of operation?

Also the my understanding was that the 21:00 journey from London to Bristol served Cardiff, Newport and Cwmbran on Thursday and Saturday but missed out Cardiff on Fridays and sundays(with another coach running a direct London to Cardiff service. However it no longer seems possible to book this journey between London and Newport or Cwmbran on Fridays and sundays. If Stagecoach Cwmbran are operating it, why would they alter the route that drastically if the coach would have to run back dead anyway?

freetoview33

Established Member
I didn't realise that there was such a step back with the timings of the London to Exeter services. Should have looked better at that.

Am finding the current timetable for the Cardiff-Bristol-London service extremely confusing. There is an additional journey that currently departs Bristol at something like 1130 on Friday and sunday but there doesn't appear to be a corresponding return journey.

In addition the 16:45 journey off of Bristol is mighty confusing. On Thursday it starts at Newport but Friday through to sunday it starts at Bristol. However its operated by Cwmbran's Stagecoach depot so why wouldn't they just start at at Bristol on all days of operation?

Also the my understanding was that the 21:00 journey from London to Bristol served Cardiff, Newport and Cwmbran on Thursday and Saturday but missed out Cardiff on Fridays and sundays(with another coach running a direct London to Cardiff service. However it no longer seems possible to book this journey between London and Newport or Cwmbran on Fridays and sundays. If Stagecoach Cwmbran are operating it, why would they alter the route that drastically if the coach would have to run back dead anyway?

I've never understood coach timetables/services! They are way too confusing and overly complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.