• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Megabus Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotsman

Established Member
So you could be forced to sleep with a stranger. That seemed evident on my trip in August.

I personally am not prepared to lie down with another man. I wonder what would happen if I refused to share a double bed? Maybe the driver would get someone else to swap, but more likely I would be kicked off the bus, which would be unfair given that the possibility of sleeping with a stranger is not mentioned on the website.

I noticed today that adverts in VCS state that Megabus Gold daytime (England and Wales) is from £5 + 50p booking fee, so that looks like a permanent deal.

Cheers. Erm, it's an odd one. I'd refuse on the grounds that I wouldn't have way of using the toilet in the night. The only reason I was fine with it was because it was my mate, and not a complete stranger (I still had to perform some acrobatics to get out to the toilet, though).
However, I've also seen pictures of people who got doubles to themselves - I'm sure this could be accommodated in the booking system.

The Stewards make it clear where you have to sleep - a guy was made to sleep on the other side, so that my group could sle

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Volvodart

Established Member
They seem to be short of sleeper coaches, as there have been messages on Twitter in recent days of sleeper services being operated by normal coaches.

radamfi

Established Member
They seem to be short of sleeper coaches, as there have been messages on Twitter in recent days of sleeper services being operated by normal coaches.

I was wondering what would happen in the event of the sleeper coach not being available, or breaking down en route. I would hope that the passengers got some of their money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.