• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Megabus legroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapidash

Wotcha folks.

I'll be heading to Manchester in a few weeks, and I was wondering what the legroom is going to be like? I'll be getting it from Exeter, and I THINK it'll be a Plaxton Elite, as thats what's normally docked up at the time when I've been been walking past at the time of departure recently.

I'm 6'3, so I'm hoping that I'll not be exiting at Shudehill with bruised knee's and dislocated feet:lol:

Before anyone says 'well why didnt you book the train?!" It was a last minute affair and the MB was £30 return compared to XC's 120:o And Voyagers are not kind to ones knees....

Any advice is much appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
The only seats that are decent for legroom are on the top deck in the front, the ones in front of the stairs.

Anything else is a no no. Hence why I get to the station early to 'bag-see' (is that what the youth call it today?) those seats!

bussnapperwm

Established Member
The other seat is the one by the emergency exit...

Last edited by a moderator:

starrymarkb

Established Member
Megabuses are usually pretty full by Exeter IME you'll probably just have aisle seats to choose from

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Anything else is a no no. Hence why I get to the station early to 'bag-see' (is that what the youth call it today?) those seats!
Almost - you don't see a bag! It's bagsie*. It's not a new term... is it?

Edit: No, it's not, but it originated in the Black Country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dibs
Historically, "dibs" has been used through much of the U.K. "Bagsie", or "bags", started out as "Bags I", according to the Oxford English Dictionary, which started giving school-related examples since 1866. Similarly, bag or bags can be used informally as a verb, meaning claim in a phrase like "I'll bag the best seats". This is related to the expression "to bag", meaning "to put something in a bag".

(* The example "bagsie in goal" is a poor one, as no-one would ever say that, as no-one ever wants to go in goal. If anything they'd say the opposite!:lol:)

GaryMcEwan

Established Member

(* The example "bagsie in goal" is a poor one, as no-one would ever say that, as no-one ever wants to go in goal. If anything they'd say the opposite!:lol:)

I don't say bagsie or dibs...It's always 'Shotgun'...

ValleyLines142

Established Member

Yeah, something like that :lol:

Megabuses are usually pretty full by Exeter IME you'll probably just have aisle seats to choose from

It depends on where it's coming from I guess.

Rapidash

Think its the Plymouth - Newcastle route. If it is full, I may be able to liberate a decent seat during the stop in Bristol

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Think its the Plymouth - Newcastle route. If it is full, I may be able to liberate a decent seat during the stop in Bristol

Dear lord, I can't imagine how long it takes to get from Plymouth to Newcastle! It's seven hours on the train! I imagine a lot of people will get off at Bristol.

Kuyoyo

Dear lord, I can't imagine how long it takes to get from Plymouth to Newcastle! It's seven hours on the train! I imagine a lot of people will get off at Bristol.

11 hours 35 minutes (departs Plymouth at 0645, arrives in Newcastle at 1820). In the opposite direction, it's 12 hours 5 minutes (leaves Newcastle at 1125 and arrives in Plymouth at 2330).

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Which seat is shotgun in a bus?

Usually the front offside seat on the lower deck if it's not being used by the second driver.

Although I usually get on earlier than other passengers due to the drivers in Perth anyway being good friends of mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.