• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Megabus/Megatrain query

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChemBio

Hi,

So I just booked myself a combination of both a train and a coach from megabus (Train on the way to Birmingham and coach on the way back to Scotland).

My question is when I'm at the train station getting the train to Birmingham.. do I just show them the print-out of the ticket/reservation number? Reason I ask this is because when I was booking it.. it didn't ask me at all for my personal details like name etc. and on the email it just gives the reservation number and the journey details.. so is that all I show them ? No name or anything ?

I've never travelled with megabus/megatrain before so that's why I'm asking.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

crosscity

I used Megatrain lst year, albeit from Birmingham to Euston. Just print out the e-mail which shows the order number and reservation summary and show it to the barrier staff who will let you onto the train. On the train the train manager will have a list of order numbers valid for his/her train and will cross yours off.

You must catch the train specified in the 'Trip Information' part of the ticket. Provided you turn up for the right train, and the train turns up, you shouldn't have a problem.

Provided you have a valid authority to travel, the train staff don't need to know who you are. A vast number of train tickets are anonymous.

causton

Established Member
All you need is the reservation number. I believe stations have a list (last time I used one I had no barriers to go through) and guards have a list to check off :)

Doesn't need to be printed off or anything, I wrote mine in a notepad and showed it to the guard :)

ChemBio

Ah okay, thanks :D.

Also, how do I know if there are changes in my journey? From what I can see, there's not any changes (hopefully!).. but of course I'd rather be safe than sorry!

mirodo

I've used megabus extensively (and, to a lesser extent, megatrain). I usually just keep a copy of the reservation number on my phone and show them that - I've even seen someone present a reference scrawled in biro on the back of their hand!

I've had to present my reference number at train stations (St Pancras) where there are barriers - on the occasions where I've travelled from an unbarriered station (Sheffield) I've been able to board without needing to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.