• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Megabus services to Paris, Amsterdam, and Brussels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class 33

Established Member
I have booked to goto Amsterdam on Megabus in September. The total cost for the return trip from Bristol an outstandingly good value at just £2.50!! It's incredible that for such a trip like this is cheaper than I'd pay for a single ticket about 4 miles into Bristol city centre on First Bus(£2.90 single!). Only little snag is these Megabus services don't go right into central Amsterdam, and drops you a few miles away in Zeeburg Coach & Car Park which involves getting a tram. But hey, that's nothing!

Does anyone know if these services use the single decker coaches, or the new double decker coaches?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tcm1106

I have booked to goto Amsterdam on Megabus in September. The total cost for the return trip from Bristol an outstandingly good value at just £2.50!! It's incredible that for such a trip like this is cheaper than I'd pay for a single ticket about 4 miles into Bristol city centre on First Bus(£2.90 single!). Only little snag is these Megabus services don't go right into central Amsterdam, and drops you a few miles away in Zeeburg Coach & Car Park which involves getting a tram. But hey, that's nothing!

Does anyone know if these services use the single decker coaches, or the new double decker coaches?

It'll be a single deck Plaxton, based at Rugby. (One of the new KX61 twin axle series)

richw

Veteran Member
I used Calais to Dover yesterday on my return from our holiday, and there was a megabus coach in the queue next to us to go on the ferry. Was a single decker as stated above!

Status
Not open for further replies.