• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Megatrain Bristol to Waterloo @ 1551

Status
Not open for further replies.

hantsman1205

NRE States this route ends at Paddington then you get the underground to Waterloo, megatrain doesn't mention the underground , I assume NRE is correct but does the megatrain reference cover you for the underground?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

StarCrossing

When are you travelling? The 1551 is direct to Waterloo, but isn't running at the moment due to engineering works around Bath.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Megatrain between Bristol and London is only available on the South West Trains services that run between Temple Meads and Waterloo.

Kite159

Veteran Member
If it was megatrain wouldn't it put you onto the 15:51 SWT service from Bristol to London Waterloo via Westbury (as in not the quickest route from Bristol to London)?

hantsman1205

Sorry guys, I'm looking for next February, the megatrain journey at 1551 is the only one direct to Waterloo but its slightly slower.

Last edited:

dzug2

You are not making sense - the megatrain site says there are no Bristol to London rail trips at the moment.

If you go to Paddington it's on FGW to which you have the option of adding an underground leg to Waterloo. Megatrain doesn't enter into it

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Booking isn't even open for next February so there is no guarantee any seats would be available.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
NRE States this route ends at Paddington then you get the underground to Waterloo,
Where does it say that?

This is what NRE says about Megatrain:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/pr1862e8e02343bea84256c05efaa18f.aspx

Available on selected journeys with the following train operators:
  • East Midlands Trains
  • South West Trains
  • Virgin Trains
megatrain doesn't mention the underground , I assume NRE is correct but does the megatrain reference cover you for the underground?
Megatrain covers you to the station detailed on the itinerary you are provided with, and that will not include London Underground.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry guys, I'm looking for next February, the megatrain journey at 1551 is the only one direct to Waterloo but its slightly slower.
The Megatrain site isn't letting me look beyond 23 October, on this date all Bristol to London journeys are showing as by bus.

NRE does not sell any tickets, let alone Megatrain tickets.

You can only view or purchase Megatrain tickets on the dedicated Megatrain/Megabus website.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Your mis-understanding the route.

If you click under 'view' on the megatrain link you've given above you will see that you catch a train from Bristol Temple Meads to Bath where you change for a South West Trains service to Waterloo.

Although the train from Bristol does go to Paddington you have to get off it at Bath.

hantsman1205

If you click under 'view' on the megatrain link you've given above you will see that you catch a train from Bristol Temple Meads to Bath where you change for a South West Trains service to Waterloo.

Although the train from Bristol does go to Paddington you have to get off it at Bath.

Many thanks, got it now. :D

James H

No - it's a direct SWT train, calling at Bath Spa. FGW trains don't enter the equation.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
No - it's a direct SWT train, calling at Bath Spa. FGW trains don't enter the equation.

So it is - at first glance it looked as though you had to change at Bath although I see it's just a call on the service.

I wonder why they haven't added in all the other stops that train makes...

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I wonder why they haven't added in all the other stops that train makes...

Because Bath is the only place on that service you can get Megatrain from, apart from Bristol.

dharkhig

Yes - but not on the train from Bristol. Different times.

Probably depends what's left. You can certainly do the reverse journey by Megatrain to Salisbury on the through trains terminating at Bristol&Exeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.