• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Melodramatic tube traveller

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd

[url said:
http://solo2.abac.com/themole/tuberules.html[/url]]

"Last night as I started to get on to the train at Mornington Crescent the doors closed. There was no announcement and I did not hear the door warning signal. I realised I was not going to get on in time so stepped off but my arm became trapped in the door. I struggled to remove my arm but the door pressure was too great. I could see no member of staff on the platform and looked for the guard. Of course there was no guard as this was one of the new trains. I looked up towards the driver and called out but the driver did not open the doors. At this point I realised the train was about to pull out with me still trapped.

"Fortunately two fellow passengers on the platform came to my assistance and, with the help of passengers inside the train, they managed to open the doors enough for me to free myself. It was only at this point that the driver decided to open the doors - presumably because a light came on to show that the doors were not now closed. I got onto the the train.

"My arm was raw and my jewellery had been torn from my arm. Fellow passengers checked I was OK but I sat down realising that if it had not been for the fact that a number of strong people were there to help I would very likely have been dragged to my death.

"The safety precautions for passengers are dreadful. The new trains which have no guards are a step backwards are poorly designed and don't work. Even if I had heard the door closing signal (which I didn't) I don't know how much notice I would have taken as several of the trains play the warning continuously whether the door is open or closed and even when the train is travelling between stations. In addition, a number of trains have faults on the connecting doors that causes them to swing open whilst the train is in motion. I know this because I have been hit by one previously.

"The only reason I am ever going to use the Northern line again is that if I don't I will be unemployed."

IIRC this situation would never arise, as there is NO way the train could leave, as the driver would not get a pilot light, and would not be able to engage the motors! Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but I'm sure this person wouldn't have been dragged to their death... :roll:

It's probably a scary situation though!

Even if I had heard the door closing signal (which I didn't) I don't know how much notice I would have taken as several of the trains play the warning continuously whether the door is open or closed and even when the train is travelling between stations.

Do they? I've never heard them do that!

In addition, a number of trains have faults on the connecting doors that causes them to swing open whilst the train is in motion.

Yes, that's called someone having pulled the handle - it works just like a normal door. Simply push it closed. If a door opening when the handle is turned is a fault, then yes, those doors are faulty. :roll:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
The lack of door closing tones could have been a technical error, but even if she hadn't have been freed the train couldn't have left because you can't motor with doors open!

Sprog

Established Member
Typical over exagerated story... :roll: :roll:

hmm, where have i seen this before *thinks about traindriver strip story..*

:x

jd

Cockfosters said:
...but even if she hadn't have been freed the train couldn't have left because you can't motor with doors open!

My point exactly! So its' a little melodramatic to say she was about to be dragged to her death!

(I'm assuming this is a lady 'cos she lost her jewellery in her courageous battle with the door - though it could easily be a guy too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.