• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merry Christmas Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

telstarbox

Established Member
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
Hope everyone on the forum has as good as Christmas as possible, even though it might look a bit different from the usual!

I'll be keeping an eye on the progress of this train:
That's brilliant.

And Happy Christmas to all forum members too.

Domh245

Established Member
Can't say I've ever noticed the stop between Patterton and Neilston in previous years, although with the new data and things being done with RTT, it's good to see even more Easter eggs appearing!

Best wishes to everyone on the forum, hope you and all those close to you have a good Christmas period.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Best wishes to everyone, I hope that you all can have a good a Christmas as is possible and let's hope for a happier and healthier New Year. Take care, Stay Safe & Well. Steve.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
It is going to be a very different Christmas for many of us this year so keep an eye on people and try to support your friends and family as much as you can. For those of us in tier 4 it is going to be strange, perhaps being on our own. It is going to be hard and unsettling but we will get through this and we will get through this by sticking together and taking time to care for each other.

I know it is going to be hard to be be apart from family and friends but it will get better and we will all be able to celebrate soon.

Best wishes to everyone and have a happy Christmas. Roll on 2021!

hst43102

Happy Christmas to everyone - Hope you all have a great time, with family or not, and let's all hope 2021 is a MUCH better year!

David Goddard

Established Member
With the stations in some sort of order along rail routes instead of completely random order this year.

_toommm_

Established Member
How does Santa deal with branch lines? Are the reindeers in push and pull or do they have to run round?

Also, I love these two little additions:

6164580A-5B1B-426A-8F6F-19BE8C54FF09.jpegE3978CD8-F654-47DA-ABC7-98A1B00A2D20.jpeg

Last edited:

Peter C

Established Member
Merry Christmas everyone! I think it's safe to say that this year's been worse than we expected but we've muddled through. Let's have a better 2021! :D

-Peter

Steddenm

Anybody notice the consist of the Santa special?

Merry Christmas everybody. Have the best one you can and here's to a better, hopefully, 2021. It can't really get any worse!

peters

On Moderation
To comply with H&S requirements it has to run at least 10m above the line so that Rudolph's nose isn't mistaken for the red lights on the back of a train.

Dr Hoo

Established Member
Not sure I rate its chances on the Swansea District Line (destroyed in a petroleum train derailment and fire some months ago and still quite a bit missing). :(

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Not sure I rate its chances on the Swansea District Line (destroyed in a petroleum train derailment and fire some months ago and still quite a bit missing).
Be a rail replacement sleigh for that section of the line. ;)

Established Member
Now has a diagram at top of the page. It seems that Rudolph is a HST powercar!
1608835967120.png

py_megapixel

Established Member
How many impossible routings are there on this service?

I've already found one - the platform layout at Cheadle Hulme prevents Stoke - CHU - Crewe from being possible. It would require a reversal somewhere north of the station, which could prove difficult given that there is only one power car and run-around facilities have been removed at most points since MUs and fixed-formation LHCS became the norm.

peters

On Moderation
I don't think Rudolph will be obeying speed limits or signals. I'm pretty sure he'll also do a 360 degree turn wherever he needs to.

I understand ASLEF are unhappy with Santa still working, they think he should have retired at 60, which was a long time ago!

PudseyBearHST

Does anyone know what the terms and conditions, pension, salary, etc... are like? I’m thinking about making the move but need more information. Is the only depot at North Pole? If so, do they accept relocation? Good company to work for?
If you don’t feel comfortable posting on a forum, feel free to send me a private message. Any advice would be welcome, thanks.

Trainfan2019

Nice to see some route order for this year's Xmas eve special. Well planned really and I never knew there's a Braintree Freeport station until scrolling through the route.

marks87

Established Member
How many impossible routings are there on this service?

I've already found one - the platform layout at Cheadle Hulme prevents Stoke - CHU - Crewe from being possible. It would require a reversal somewhere north of the station, which could prove difficult given that there is only one power car and run-around facilities have been removed at most points since MUs and fixed-formation LHCS became the norm.
Direct from Wick to Carrbridge without passing through any other stations or junctions is an impressive feat.

whoosh

Established Member
I don't think Rudolph will be obeying speed limits or signals. I'm pretty sure he'll also do a 360 degree turn wherever he needs to.

I understand ASLEF are unhappy with Santa still working, they think he should have retired at 60, which was a long time ago!

One day's work a year. Great negotiations.

Astounded reindeer: "What every year?!" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.