• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mersey Rail Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albert

Does anyone know what the vacancies are at Mersey Rail? Usually it just says on the home page 'no current vacancies' but today it gives you the option to apply 'if you think you can make a difference', but the application asks which post you are applying for????
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Mersey have just updated their website and the jobs are Revenue Protection Inspectors (can anyone tell me if this is a guard), and Senior Business Analyst (no good to me).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

First class

Established Member
An RPI is not a guard. You start the day by being paired up at the Merseyrail HQ in Liverpool. You are told what line you should work (trains/static station duties) for your shift. During that day you will issue Penalty Fares and deal with PACE. Generally tackling fare evasion. There are only 4 vacancies, but by my count, about 20-30 internal applications have applied already for the same jobs. I personally believe that it will be 2 internal, 2 external eventually selected. Unusually, two very senior directors are rumoured to be conducting these interviews. This job may sound good but a lot of the Revenue Protection Team are rapidly leaving to other roles because they've had enough, but if you think you're capable then certainly apply.

The Senior Business Analyst - well if you don't know what this is, you wouldn't even apply for it :) Strange that this didn't come up in the internal vacancy list though.

Albert

Thank you Firstclass, I know you are employed by Mersey, as I have seen your previous posts.

I don't think that is the job I am looking for this time, but will keep my eyes peeled.

LpoolTom

An RPI is not a guard. You start the day by being paired up at the Merseyrail HQ in Liverpool. You are told what line you should work (trains/static station duties) for your shift. During that day you will issue Penalty Fares and deal with PACE. Generally tackling fare evasion. There are only 4 vacancies, but by my count, about 20-30 internal applications have applied already for the same jobs. I personally believe that it will be 2 internal, 2 external eventually selected. Unusually, two very senior directors are rumoured to be conducting these interviews. This job may sound good but a lot of the Revenue Protection Team are rapidly leaving to other roles because they've had enough, but if you think you're capable then certainly apply.

The Senior Business Analyst - well if you don't know what this is, you wouldn't even apply for it :) Strange that this didn't come up in the internal vacancy list though.

Hi, hope you dot think im being cheeky asking, im just wondering if u know what sorta skillset they are looking for this job, just i work for a bank looking for a career change, loads experience in complaints assertiveness training etc, just wondered if its worth applying or is it just for those with specific experience, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.