• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mersey Rail Ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gathursty

Established Member
Saveaway All Areas ticket valid for a day. Don't make my (almost) mistake and pick up a Saveaway for just one area. :P

Not sure on prices though. :)

Covers all the Wirral Lines and Northern Lines termini and extends to Garswood, Hunts Cross and Earlestown( I think?) on their respective lines too.

Better double checking this on their website.

Last edited:

Simon Poole

Saveaway All Areas ticket valid for a day. Don't make my (almost) mistake and pick up a Saveaway for just one area. :P

Not sure on prices though. :)

Covers all the Wirral Lines and Northern Lines termini and extends to Garswood, Hunts Cross and Earlestown( I think?) on their respective lines too.

Better double checking this on their website.

I checked the website but they don't give u much info

http://www.merseyrail.org/tickets/saveaway.html

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
SAVEAWAY - Off peak travel on buses, trains and ferries in Merseyside and all Merseyrail services
ADULT £4.60 (all zone) £3.40 (one zone)
CHILD £2.40 (all zone) £2.00 (one zone)

DAY SAVER - Off peak travel on Merseyrail services
£4.50/£3.30
£2.30/£1.80

tony_mac

Established Member
SAVEAWAY - Off peak travel on buses, trains and ferries in Merseyside and all Merseyrail services

It's all rail services within the area, it doesn't matter who operates them - mostly Northern Rail but also on other services to Liverpool South Parkway.

Only on the Northern and Wirral lines.
The 'City Line' is marked on the Merseyrail Network map, but is operated by Northern and a Day Saver is not valid on these services.

TUC

Established Member
ADULT £4.60 (all zone) £3.40 (one zone)
CHILD £2.40 (all zone) £2.00 (one zone)

£4.50/£3.30
£2.30/£1.80

So why would anyone go for a Day Saver when a Savaway ticket which is also valid on buses and ferries is only 10p more??

Established Member
So why would anyone go for a Day Saver when a Savaway ticket which is also valid on buses and ferries is only 10p more??

To save 10p if travelling only on the Northern/Wirral lines? TBH everyone who asks for one should be offered the choice of a Day Ticket or Saveaway.

button_boxer

Established Member
Merseyrail offer the day saver for their benefit rather than for the benefit of passengers, as they get more revenue from a day saver (i.e. all of it) than they would from a saveaway (which is a Merseytravel PTE product, not a Merseyrail TOC product).

Simon Poole

Thanks its been very helpful, for £4.60 i travellled from...

Arrived at Liverpool South Parkway after 11AM from Stafford (using a Great escape offer)

Liverpool South Parkway to Hunts Cross
Hunt Cross to Liverpool Central
Liverpool Central - Bidston
Biston - Birkenhead Park
Birkenhead Park - Liverpool Lime Street
Liverpool Lime Street - Broad Green (Northern Class 150)
Broad Green - Liverpool Lime Street (Northern Class 142 :oops:)
Liverpool Lime Street - Liverpool Central
Liverpool Central - Ormskirk
Ormskirk - Kirkdale
Kirkdale - Sandhills
Sandhills - Moorfields
Moorfields - Liverpool Central
Liverpool Central - Rock Ferry
Rock Ferry - Birkenhead Central
Birkenhead Central - Hamilton Square
Hamilton Square - Liverpool Lime Street

1804 Liverpool Lime Street to Stafford (using a Great escape offer)

It was an very good day and the first time i rode on a Class 507 & 508

Established Member
Merseyrail offer the day saver for their benefit rather than for the benefit of passengers, as they get more revenue from a day saver (i.e. all of it) than they would from a saveaway (which is a Merseytravel PTE product, not a Merseyrail TOC product).

The ones at Lime Street Lower Level were quite good last time I was there and offering the Saveaway instead (although I was going to Chester, so if I asked for a ticket to say South Parkway they might suggest the Day Ticket).

Status
Not open for further replies.