• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mersey Rail Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waldgrun

I am planing a day out, using a Merseyrail Saverway day ticket and plan to start at Chester. (That being about a 90 Minute drive from here). I have a couple of questions that hopefully some kind person can answer.

1). How much is it to park at Chester station on a Bank holiday?

2). Are there any known problems with using Bache Station car park which I believe has 61 free spaces according to theMerseytravel website?

Thanks

Waldgrun.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gathursty

Established Member
I didn't know Bache had a car park?? I just used the side street nearby to park. You could chance it at the adjacent Morrisons car park BUT I don't know hot they are at checking if cars have overstayed their welcome.

plannerman

I didn't know Bache had a car park?? I just used the side street nearby to park. You could chance it at the adjacent Morrisons car park BUT I don't know hot they are at checking if cars have overstayed their welcome.

Yes, Bache has got a car park.. drive in to Morrisons, and the station car park is the first on the right. It's signed, but not very well. It closes at night when Morrisons does though, because the site is gated.
Parking on the nearby side street incurs the wrath of the locals (like me....).

Polarbear

Established Member
Yes, there are 61 spaces set aside adjacent to the Morrison's car park that are available for rail users. You pass the petrol station & bear right. It's likely to be busy on a weekday though. I've left my car there when I can't be bothered walking to the station or if it's persistantly precipitating and never encountered any issues.

Don't park in Morrisons for more than 2 hours - they do have patrols & will issue penalties.

There is some street parking in the area though as suggested above, the locals (not me, i'm not quite that local but don't live far from Bache station) can get a bit irate - they have problems with people visiting the nearby hospital & not wanting to pay the parking charges over there.

There's also some useful street parking in Hoole which is only a 10 minute walk from Chester station.

Last edited:

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
You mentioned a Bank Holiday. I should think the Car Park at Bache would be quieter on a Bank Holiday without regular commuters travelling to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.