• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mersey rail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Northern line services I would say Sandhills

Wirral Line will probably be Rock Ferry and Birkenhead Park, away from the tunnel section under the city centre

notlob.divad

Established Member
Do want to see them in the tunnels, or in the open air?

Do you just want to see as many as possible, or do you want to see them in a specific environment? Countryside/urban/suburban? In a station/moving?

Statto

Established Member
Merseyside

:D

Also Cheshire West & Chester, & Lancashire;)

Awkward one depending where the op wants to go, Sandhills is best on the Northern Line, probably Birkenhead Central/North & or Park on the Wirral that's if you want out of tunnel shot, otherwise Liverpool Central, however you might get bored very quickly as when you photo one 507/508 as that's the whole fleet.

trash80

Established Member
I went up there to have a look in February, did Lime St-New Brighton-Rock Ferry-Lime St and saw quite a lot (only on the Wirral Line though, all i had time for)

Polarbear

Established Member
As suggested by others, Sandhills station is on the surface & all Northern Line services pass through there. Kirkdale depot is by the next station along the Ormskirk/Kirkby lines which usually has a few 507/508's loitering with intent to work!

For the Wirral Line, there's no one spot above ground where you can see all of the services. Either any station between Birkenhead Central to Hooton on the Chester/Ellesmere Port route, or Birkenhead Park and or North on the West Kirkby/New Brighton routes.

Some units are stabled at West Kirkby, New Brighton, Birkenhead North depot and Rock Ferry at certain times of the day too.

Status
Not open for further replies.