• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail Class 777 introduction updates

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deepgreen

Established Member
So the artists had enough time to paint 2 sides of one unit? Forgive me but how the hell can you manage that in what Im guessing is an active area like Tonbridge? No staff or yard movement during the period it was there?!
Not "artists" - let's not give them any validity with that term. They are vandals.

Fokx

Merseyrail apparently. I saw it at Nuneaton and so so sad to see a brand new unit in such a state. Something just has to be done to prevent this sort of thing. Dreadful!
Merseyrail have publically reported (via Twitter) that it’s Stadler’s responsibility.

The unit hasn’t been accepted by Merseytravel/Merseyrail yet and as such with any software fault or bodywork defect, it’s Stadlers job to sort out, not the customers.

urbophile

Established Member
All over the bbc liverpool webpage now.
I just hope the message doesn't get distorted and imply that Scouse scallies are responsible. When they are not attacking Jeremy Corbyn the media like nothing better than having a go at Liverpool.

1D54

It's all very well saying this "type of irresponsible behaviour will not be tolerated" but it happened on two separate occasions so such a statement is worthless.

On Moderation
I just hope the message doesn't get distorted and imply that Scouse scallies are responsible. When they are not attacking Jeremy Corbyn the media like nothing better than having a go at Liverpool.
They’d sooner have the wheels off it....

Camden

Established Member
They’d sooner have the wheels off it....
Who are "they" exactly?

I don't believe it has ever been true, but certainly for the past 20 years crime of most sorts in Liverpool, including vehicle crime, has consistently lagged well below the rates of other major cities.

Would it be reasonable or would it be offensive, to suggest any grouping of over a million innocent people have thieving tendencies? Especially given the evidence that points to the contrary, it raises a question as to what unpleasantness drives someone to make such remark.

Camden

Established Member
Not just the media, apparently. Not so much distortion, but instead some just seize any opportunity whether real or made up.

L401CJF

Established Member
Anybody happen to know which 777 was testing on the Chester line in the early hours of this morning? (Saturday). Nipped out to see it at Bache but the station lights were off so couldn't make out the number.

It pulled in, stopped, opened /closed doors then left. The destination signs were set to Liverpool Central so looks like they're currently testing it as if its in a normal day of service.

M28361M

I don’t know which one but according to a poster on ”Mersey Railways”, it left Kirkdale at about 23:45 which means it ran among normal service trains, albeit only for 30 minutes or so. A good sign?

L401CJF

Established Member
Still not sure which unit it was, but my rather poor clip of the unit departing Bache in the early hours of Saturday 1st.

Liverpool 507

Still not sure which unit it was, but my rather poor clip of the unit departing Bache in the early hours of Saturday 1st.

Great video! Very good to see the PIS in use and the red ’door closing - do not board’ lights. I couldn’t see any orange door hazard lights though.

Julie Berry will remain the voice of Merseyrail. Will be interesting to see if automated announcements are the same as per the current PIS on the 507/508s or a totally new format?

L401CJF

Established Member
Great video! Very good to see the PIS in use and the red ’door closing - do not board’ lights. I couldn’t see any orange door hazard lights though.

Julie Berry will remain the voice of Merseyrail. Will be interesting to see if automated announcements are the same as per the current PIS on the 507/508s or a totally new format?

Thanks, I didnt notice any warning lights, but the doors light up green when opening which I didnt catch in the clip. I wasnt expecting it to stop!

Trains Trains

The train will not have any orange body indicators.

Last edited:

Camden

Established Member
The train will not have any orange body indicators, and will use the green red and white door lights instead. This does however cause issues around flashing lights and how they affect certain people.
Can you provide the source for this?

MR-507508

Could anyone please confirm if any of the 777s maybe out this evening/early morning?
I have not seen any testing this week so far.

MR-507508

Last edited:

L401CJF

Established Member
What are these two moves from Birkenhead North depot scheduled for today; Is this 777 related or the first 508 departure from the network?
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/44024/2020-08-07/detailed
The train service code shows it as ROG operating it, as they're both showing as Light Engine moves I would imagine they are training/familiarisation moves for ROG staff in preparation for scrap moves. I could be wrong though.

Trains Trains

The train service code shows it as ROG operating it, as they're both showing as Light Engine moves I would imagine they are training/familiarisation moves for ROG staff in preparation for scrap moves. I could be wrong though.
They will most likely be the tfw trains that now get maintained at Birkenhead

Last edited:

L401CJF

Established Member
They will most likely be the tfw trains that now get maintained at Birkenhead north Of a weekend. First two units to be scrapped are just under two weeks away so it not that, and they would test it as the move has been carried out plenty of times

Was definitely a ROG class 37, a friend of mine got a pic of it on the Borderlands Line yest.

Edit it was 37884 and 57312

MR-507508

They will most likely be the tfw trains that now get maintained at Birkenhead north Of a weekend. First two units to be scrapped are just under two weeks away so it not that, and they would test it as the move has been carried out plenty of times
I thought only one unit (508134) had been withdrawn and is ready to be scrapped, what unit number is the other?