• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail Class 777 introduction updates

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Skie

AFAIK, 001 went back to Siedlce to have it's front door fitted whilst 002 took over it's testing duties at Wildenrath.

Wezz

Obviously picking the small hours to have a practice run.
Not many photos of them doing runs so far.
Not many people know about the runs, you've basically gotta be hunting for them or have someone on shift in the IECC tell you that it's running, that's how I knew that the first test run was going ahead and got the footage at Rice Lane.

jamesst

Yeah its allowed with special dispensation on Merseyrail (quite apt for this thread) at certain locations during service disruption and engineering work .

Eccles1983

On Moderation
So in normal running it's not permitted.

Like most things in the rule book they can be done with permission.

OL-3944

I wonder if the overall order will go ahead as planned?

I wouldn’t be surprised if the order number was reduced or delayed significantly, it’s been in the local press recently that the Local authority who is purchasing the trains is virtually bankrupt due to COVID.

On Moderation

I wouldn’t be surprised if the order number was reduced or delayed significantly, it’s been in the local press recently that the Local authority who is purchasing the trains is virtually bankrupt due to COVID.
What odds on a long-term sale-and-lease-back deal, then, to finance them?

Pacef8

1.2 million loss a day its claimed . I have asked our local station What they took over the week and it was 2 pound all day. Not including the seasonal refunds.

Harryn9000

the trains ain't coming from LCC it coming from Merseytravel

Vespa

Established Member
Have they tested 777 003 in the loop tunnels yet ?
I noticed its slightly taller than the 507/508, I wonder if it will fit or there will be modifications......

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member

That's wittering to get central Government to print them some money.

Chris217

The trains come out of Merseytravel budget not Liverpool City Council.

Will be nice to hear of more 777s arriving soon.

Ha, I still havent seen one yet!

Last edited by a moderator:

OL-3944

The trains come out of Merseytravel budget not Liverpool City Council.

Will be nice to hear of more 777s arriving soon.
Ha,I still havent seen one yet!

I hope you're right. The 507/508’s are literally failing to bits.

trainmania100

Established Member
Is that likely to be this working?

Not that working, it'll likely run the STP 6X29 path. Slightly ealier timings this time.
66768 should be hauling.

Spirit555

Can confirm 66768 on this, but from Saltwood Jn. 92032 apparently worked to there and the 66 then took over.

HTH

Mark

Bob Price

Currently sitting in Crewe, due to move about 7. Should be on the Crewe 2 webcam

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Will go and see it through Acton Bridge as it's a reasonable but not long drive from mine, however I won't get out of my car unless nobody else around.

(Someone else will probably be there now I've typed this :D)