• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail Class 777 introduction updates

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trains Trains

I would have thought it would have been spotted before now if it had. Wouldn't surprise me if it happened locally. Scruffs will travel from far and wide to graffiti in Liverpool in recent years, as apparently they don't get caught. Even when they're told to come down from roof tops ("base jumping" or whatever it is called), the "police" just send them away with advice, not even bothering to search their (aerosol laden) bags. Of course the graffiti that exists where they happened to be got there by magic...

If it did happen in Liverpool, it's a pretty poor show on security. Merseyrail/travel know the score, and should have better security in place. How very depressing

Last edited:

Trains Trains

With the windows on the 777s being much larger it should be easier to remove graffiti off the 777s compared to the 507/508s since it is easier to remove graffiti off glass compared to the livery.
A closer image of the graffiti from Instagram this morning (https://www.instagram.com/p/CDFcjz_Hx55/)
Could Merseyrail/travel refuse to accept the unit at Kirkdale until this is removed since it has occurred before even reaching the delivery address?

Last edited:

Vespa

Established Member
Until they have accumulated enough mileage and passed all checks, it still belongs to Stadler, once everything's checked out, it gets signed over to Merseyrail ownership.

Edit: Just seen the post above, basically the same thing lol.

DBS92042

Established Member

Camden

Established Member
Gotta say it, that’s impressive
Impressive? In what way? It looks a state, and is going to cost a fortune to repair. And the creatures that did it are merrily going about their lives without a care for the trouble and cost they've caused.

I dare say Stadler could do without the extra cost burden of repairing it, and if it had happened on local turf after handover it would have been Liverpool's transport budget being hit, with it being their property. Again, ill able to afford.

"Impressive" would be the oiks donating to charity rather than wasting their cash on spray paint. Perhaps they are so arrogant and self absorbed they assume everyone is as flush as they apparently are.

Depressing, not impressive.

MDB1images

On Moderation
I hope that this is just the childish clowns being really determined to get in and vandalise thus going to extreme measures to trespass as otherwise whoever owns that Yard has severe security issues.
Stated elsewhere that it was done in Calais.

prod_pep

Established Member
Not surprising to see the 777 vandalised at Tonbridge. It was always a hotspot for graffiti back in the days of the 508/2s. Those units were battered by vandals inside and out during their spell on the South Eastern.

DBS92042

Established Member
Definitely not Calais. The photos taken on it’s arrival at Tonbridge shown the unit spotlessly clean on both sides.
The side shown in post 1061 was done in Tonbridge but there is also graffiti on the other side supposedly done in Calais

1D54

I'm hoping to catch this going through Nuneaton later. Any idea what side the 'paintwork' is on?