• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail Class 777 introduction updates

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MDB1images

Why was only one side cleaned ? Because it was done in Calais ? I don’t understand

Think it was all done at Tonbridge judging by photos last week of it leaving Dollands, been cleaned but still some marks on the front and one or two of the coaches looking at the latest graphs.
Suspect we won't see any further 777's in Tonbridge yard!

1D54

The left side is CLEAR in the direction of travel.

On current schedule it should be at Nuneaton at about 20:50.
Thanks, due through Nuneaton at 20:54 on platform 2 so hopefully not too dark and if on time allows me time for the 21:16 back to Leicester.

Otis

The Graffiti is on the right hand side facing direction of travel.

Attachments

• 777006.jpg
    777006.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 354
Last edited by a moderator:

MDB1images

Blimey, I thought they'd cleaned that cab end Coach both sides.

What a mess, amazed they ran it looking so bad.

JeffMersey

Seems pointless to delay the departure to only clean one side of the train. And who is responsible for the cleaning Stadler ? Merseyrail ?

1D54

Merseyrail apparently. I saw it at Nuneaton and so so sad to see a brand new unit in such a state. Something just has to be done to prevent this sort of thing. Dreadful!

M28361M

Just passed through Crewe, delay now down to less than an hour. I guess they will attach the second loco at Tuebrook sidings this time?

Ladder23

Established Member
Will the units be arriving in stock unit order, i.e 777006,777007,777008 and so on?

Forgive me if I am asking the obvious!

XAM2175

Established Member
It would appear so. Not my photo but pretty much the same angle.
Interesting to note in this picture that the cars show not only their fully-formatted European Vehicle Numbers but also the Vehicle Keeper Marking of "GB-MRE", which before now (to the best of my knowledge) was something only done by Eurostar.

I saw it at Nuneaton and so so sad to see a brand new unit in such a state. Something just has to be done to prevent this sort of thing. Dreadful!
There is a school of thought in some circles that vandalism like this is discouraged - over time, obviously - by denying the vandals their audiences, so vandalised vehicles should have the graffiti removed (or at least concealed) as soon as possible and with the minimum possible public exposure. That concept could even be extended to limiting the circulation of photographs of the vandalism.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There is a school of thought in some circles that vandalism like this is discouraged - over time, obviously - by denying the vandals their audiences, so vandalised vehicles should have the graffiti removed (or at least concealed) as soon as possible and with the minimum possible public exposure. That concept could even be extended to limiting the circulation of photographs of the vandalism.
I agree; however is it's arguably not really the forum's place to remove photos on this basis, so it has to be a voluntary thing.

If the graffiti is only on one side, I would encourage people to upload photos of the unaffected side, if at all possible.

Steelwheels

Will the units be arriving in stock unit order, i.e 777006,777007,777008 and so on?

Forgive me if I am asking the obvious!
777007 has already been delivered to Stadler (Kirkdale) and the units are being produced on two different production lines in two different countries (evens from one factory and odds from the other) as units are completed they are being sent in any order......

Last edited:

Ladder23

Established Member
777007 has already been delivered to Stadler (Kirkdale) and the units are being produced on two different production lines in two different countries (evens from one factory and odds from the other) as units are completed they are being sent in any order......
cheers for that I wasn't aware

M60lad

How soon will the graffiti be cleaned off? Surely they wont just leave it stabled up at Kirkdale like that until its needed

So the artists had enough time to paint 2 sides of one unit? Forgive me but how the hell can you manage that in what Im guessing is an active area like Tonbridge? No staff or yard movement during the period it was there?!

dave4jackie

So the artists had enough time to paint 2 sides of one unit? Forgive me but how the hell can you manage that in what Im guessing is an active area like Tonbridge? No staff or yard movement during the period it was there?!

depending how many people there are, it could be done in approx 10 minutes