• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail Class 777 introduction updates

MR-507508

Any testing planned for this coming Sunday and/or Monday evening?
The past 3 weeks, the testing has been cancelled (at very short notice).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MR-507508

Planned testing is due to take place again this week, But with Covid-19 things are not going to plan!
What is causing the cancellations in the testing?
The routes seem to appear on RTT towards the end of the week and seem to get cancelled at last minute, as though something unexpected has occurred at last minute?
Overnight testing does not seem to take place at all now.

Liverpool 507

The routes seem to appear on RTT towards the end of the week and seem to get cancelled at last minute, as though something unexpected has occurred at last minute?

In relation to the early evening tests, one would assume that the unit on test would need to be crystal clear of faults as it’ll be running alongside service traffic.

HSP 2

Any 777s on view at Kirkdale depo? As I'm going to Liverpool tomorrow.

TIA.

D1023

Can anyone please advise the units at the back of Kirkdale at 15:00 today unit 009 was out front but couldn't see the numbers of the others. They are quite small!

jamesst

Only driver managers can currently drive them. If they are a bit thin on the ground due to various reasons then testing cant happen...

ADHDTog

times are in real time trains, lets see if it runs this time

How can you tell on Realtime Trains that it's a 777 service? I found a service that runs from New Brighton via the loop to West Kirby, to Chester then Hooton, Ellesmere Port and through to Kirkdale (IIRC). To a newbie like me, I'd think this may be a a 777 service, but the information is obfuscated.

Please forgive the noob question, but I've literally just joined after lurking on this thread for a while, and I really want to be able to get a photo of the new rolling stock. I'm still recovering from covid (almost 6 months later), and don't want to knock my recovery back through unnecessary walking.

Thanks! :smile:

MR-507508

How can you tell on Realtime Trains that it's a 777 service? I found a service that runs from New Brighton via the loop to West Kirby, to Chester then Hooton, Ellesmere Port and through to Kirkdale (IIRC). To a newbie like me, I'd think this may be a a 777 service, but the information is obfuscated.

Please forgive the noob question, but I've literally just joined after lurking on this thread for a while, and I really want to be able to get a photo of the new rolling stock. I'm still recovering from covid (almost 6 months later), and don't want to knock my recovery back through unnecessary walking.

Thanks! :smile:

For the 777 testing on RTT, it will appear as 5TXX (usually 5T77 or 5T01).

Just be aware this testing has been cancelled multiple times now and is never guaranteed to run-I would look on Opentraintimes around the time it is due to depart to see if it departs from Kirkdale depot at the time stated-https://www.opentraintimes.com/maps/signalling/northern.

Over the coming months/year there will be many opportunities to capture the 777 out on test as it starts to run more in between passenger services.

Only driver managers can currently drive them. If they are a bit thin on the ground due to various reasons then testing cant happen...
Any updates recently on driver training for the new fleet?

Last edited:

dave4jackie

5T77 is the code for new train, arrives birkdale at 21.32 on Sunday, it shows kikdale c.s to Kirkdale c.s are the service

jamesst

Any updates recently on driver training for the new fleet?
[/QUOTE]

Still no agreement or presently any sign of one

shakey1961

This is becoming a joke now. At this rate we'll have 52 new units stored all over. No one to test them and no one to drive them while the old stock will be over their mileages.

Can someone get a grip, pull their finger out and get it sorted.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
This is becoming a joke now. At this rate we'll have 52 new units stored all over. No one to test them and no one to drive them while the old stock will be over their mileages.

Do we know that it’s a case of getting a grip to get it sorted? What is/are the reason(s) for the cancellations?

On Moderation

I'm sure those who are managing the commissioning will do just that, because the internet keyboard warriors tell them to.
:rolleyes:

Unless you're going to tell us why it was cancelled...

Bow Fell

No they won’t.

There’s plenty of life in most of the units, those that have been recently overhauled will last another 5 years, based on mileage, so a ridiculous statement.

At the end of the day, the only reason you’re interested is to go out and photograph them. I’m sure that’s the least of Stadler’s concerns what a railway enthusiast thinks. That’s not to say there isn’t work and testing going on, on the depot.

RailTravel2020

Class 777 are currently in testing, there are 100+ trains around the country entered into trust everyday doesn’t mean they run, There are lots of reasons why they do & don’t run, you will just have to be patient!

dave4jackie

the test run for the wirral has left kirkdale at 20.11 tonight, heading towards west kirby then new brighton, look for 5T77 on realtime trains

MR-507508

Is there any date been confirmed for the arrival of the next 777 units to Kirkdale?
When are 777004 and 777006 due to return from Crewe?
Is 777003 also meant to be going to Crewe for modifications as well?

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
A VSTP path has appeared for 5T77 to run to Southport, Ormskirk, Kirkby and Hunts Cross tonight. It may not run but a little heads up for you.

Most likely to be 777005.

I'm not sure which route it is taking on the 22:49½ departure from Hunts X to Aigburth. ;)