• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail Incident at Bache (25 November)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/n...assengers-bache-station-shocked-phone-8175258
Two arrested after 'phone rage' brawl on train
...A tannoy announcement at Chester Train Station said the train was terminating there, as a member of staff had been assaulted on board, a passenger reported.

Passenger John Murray, who was travelling back from a meeting in Liverpool, was on the train when the incident happened in the middle carriage and said fellow commuters alerted staff by pulling the cord.

He described what others said they saw on the train, saying: "It seemed like a phone rage incident, when the guy originally refused to get off the other guy went berserk. Then the guy on the mobile pulled a knife on him."...

There appears to have been an incident this evening on Merseyrail where a member of rail staff has been injured. I hope it is not as serious as it reads in this article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TDK

Established Member
http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/n...assengers-bache-station-shocked-phone-8175258
There appears to have been an incident this evening on Merseyrail where a member of rail staff has been injured. I hope it is not as serious as it reads in this article.

I cannot see that it says anywhere on the article that a member of staff was seriously injured? This is the only relation to staff

"It is believed that one of the men received a cut to his face during the incident, and that a staff member may also have been assaulted."

Last edited:

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Chester Chronicle said:
A passenger went beserk at him for being on the phone
God forbid the annoyed passenger in question should move to the next carriage!

I cannot see that it says anywhere on the article that a member of staff was seriously injured? This is the only relation to staff

"It is believed that one of the men received a cut to his face during the incident, and that a staff member may also have been assaulted."

The original OP does not claim any staff member was seriously injured.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
God forbid the annoyed passenger in question should move to the next carriage!

Depends on how the phone is being used. If it's being used to play music without headphones (or for a call in the quiet coach, though I know Merseyrail doesn't have one) pointing this out politely and summoning staff assistance if necessary is quite within order.

The former (playing music to the annoyance of another person) is a Byelaw offence, and one that I wish would be enforced more with actual prosecutions rather than just telling people to pack it in. Given that Merseyrail are quite hard on Byelaw offences (e.g. they actually prosecute for feet on seats) I would think they of all organisations might actually look at this.

Pulling a knife or "going berserk", OTOH, is very much not on.

Neil

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.