• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail liveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

py_megapixel

Established Member
I'm quite confused at the moment.

I'm aware that Merseyrail have two different colour schemes for their livery on their 507s and 508s - one which is silver with yellow doors and one which is yellow with white doors.

In early 2019 I went to Liverpool and decided to film some Merseyrail trains. Going back through the clips, I have one clip of getting on 507015 at chester and it's in the silver livery. Then I have a clip of it leaving Liverpool James Street at the end of the very same journey and it's in the yellow livery!

What on earth is going on?

(By the way, I eventually intend to upload these clips to YouTube - when I do I'll edit this post to include a link, in case anyone is confused about what I mean)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
You’re not alone; I was mistaken with the liveries too in thinking that the 507s were silver and the 508s were yellow. I realise now they’re silver on one side and yellow on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.