• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail Young Person Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
I've been made aware that, after 31st July, Merseyrail's 'Young Person' tickets-namely 16-18 Daysavers and 16-18 Saveaways will not be sold without photographic ID. Merseyrail are providing a photocard free of charge.

The posters at stations say that a Driving Licence or Passport will be accepted, however I have had conflicting info about this from staff at two separate stations-so I'd advise against any regular passenger relying on this.

Merseytravel in Birkenhead Bus Station knew nothing of it-so I'd assume the Myticket is not affected by this? (If anyone knows otherwise-please let me know!)

Poster now attached

Attachments

• IMG_nvhrrl.jpg
    IMG_nvhrrl.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cactustwirly

Established Member
I've been made aware that, after 31st July, Merseyrail's 'Young Person' tickets-namely 16-18 Daysavers and 16-18 Saveaways will not be sold without photographic ID. Merseyrail are providing a photocard free of charge.

The posters at stations say that a Driving Licence or Passport will be accepted, however I have had conflicting info about this from staff at two separate stations-so I'd advise against any regular passenger relying on this.

Merseytravel in Birkenhead Bus Station knew nothing of it-so I'd assume the Myticket is not affected by this? (If anyone knows otherwise-please let me know!)

I'll attach a picture of the poster later-my phone is a bit flat at the moment:D

An Driving Licence is an official form of ID (the photocard isn't) so I would be very surprised if they didn't accept it

Status
Not open for further replies.