• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Met Line fasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

southern442

Established Member
I'm aware they have been peak-only for a long time now, but my question is do they still exist at this time?

Once non-essential travel is allowed I am planning on trying out a few services I have never tried before, this being one of them, but I was wondering if they have been suspended during the pandemic or are they still in operation at peak times?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt_world2004

Established Member
I'm aware they have been peak-only for a long time now, but my question is do they still exist at this time?

Once non-essential travel is allowed I am planning on trying out a few services I have never tried before, this being one of them, but I was wondering if they have been suspended during the pandemic or are they still in operation at peak times?
Yes they do still run fast. Don't know if it is a service recovery mechanism or if the timetabled peak services still run.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes the Fast and Semi-fast trains are still running. You can see them in the Working Timetable available for download at the TfL website: https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/publications-and-reports/working-timetables

This is in addition to those used for service recovery / late running. As well as at peak times you may notice them at other times, for example there are a handful of Semi-fast trains on the Northbound in the early mornings, primarily on the Watford service but also on other branches presumably as a positioning for the timetable for heading back towards London.

busesrusuk

Yes the Fast and Semi-fast trains are still running. You can see them in the Working Timetable available for download at the TfL website: https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/publications-and-reports/working-timetables

This is in addition to those used for service recovery / late running. As well as at peak times you may notice them at other times, for example there are a handful of Semi-fast trains on the Northbound in the early mornings, primarily on the Watford service but also on other branches presumably as a positioning for the timetable for heading back towards London.
I got what was supposed to be a stopper at Northwood Hills to baker Street the other day and when we got to Harrow, it was declared a fast service to Finchley Road which I cant recall happening before but then again I am not a regular user of the line...

jumble

They have been cancelling some of the semi fasts on the Uxbridge branch
One way for those who don't have access to trackernet (like me) is the live tube map that gives running numbers if you hover over the trains which can be matched to the WTT

Status
Not open for further replies.